Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Contrary to popular belief,the Lizardfolk Whipmaster... [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Contrary to popular belief,the Lizardfolk Whipmaster...

JYAP
06-20-2005, 07:22 PM
...still has Disarm. Fix? And,admittingly,I'm not sure if this has been fixed,cause there was no mention of it.

Almuric
06-21-2005, 07:41 AM
The fix would require a server hak. I havent implemented it yet. I suppose I could just write a scipt to automatically return your weapon to your inventory when disarmed and then allow it.

Dweia
06-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Just edit the lizard's wep to remove the Bonus Feat:Disarm propety, wouldn't that do it?

Almuric
06-27-2005, 07:18 AM
That would require somehow getting the template for the little lizard open somehow. :razz:

Felonious Monk
06-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Item name: Shocking Whip
Tag: X2_IT_CREWPWHIP
Resref: it_crewpwhip001

Item name: Epic Shocking Whip
Tag: X2_IT_CREWPWHIP2
Resref: it_crewpwhip003

Just take out Bonus Feat: Disarm (Whip) and you're good to go.

Dweia
06-27-2005, 08:45 PM
You can get all the items used, hp bonus, ac bonus, what merges from polymorph.2da.
Either that or it was a different .2da, fairly sure it was polymorph.2da though.

Almuric
06-28-2005, 04:24 PM
You talk as if I was a scripter or something! :lol: :moon:

Felonious Monk
06-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Here are the polymorph.2da lines that tell you exactly what I said before.

(WARNING: It isn't pretty)

82 POLYMORPH_TYPE_LIZARDFOLK 134 15 267 po_OldWarA **** **** **** x2_it_crelizhid1 x2_it_crewpwhip 16 **** 20 9 35 **** **** **** **** 1 1 1

104 POLYMORPH_TYPE_LIZARDFOLK_EPIC 131 15 266 po_OldChiefB **** **** **** x2_it_crelizhid2 x2_it_crewpwhip2 21 **** 20 12 75 **** **** **** **** 1 1 1

Protoss119
04-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Hold up, I think I know what you can do. Create two whips for the Lizardfolk Whipmaster (one for normal, another for epic) with whatever tags. Then, go into polymorph.2da (using notepad) and when you see something by the name of x2_it_crewpwhip and x2_it_crewpwhip2, change that to the tags of both whips. Put into the override folder and wala.

Note: I haven't actually tested this, so...

EDIT: Just now, I realized a terrible mistake I made - the new polymorph.2da applies to all modules. Therefore, you will have to export your whips into all your modules in order for it to work.

Felonious Monk
04-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah, it's still much easier to simply remove the Bonus Feat: Disarm (Whip) from the item properties of each whip. Course, that's assuming that people are actually using the whip to disarm. Shifter AB is notoriously low, so unless the target has 0 Discipline you essentially give up 6 AB and draw AoOs for no reason.

Protoss119
04-08-2006, 11:54 AM
But then again, you can't remove the Bonus Feat: Disarm (Whip) from all the standard whips without having to Edit Copy. Since the standard polymorph.2da makes it so it uses only the standard Lizardfolk Whip...

And what about the occasional sneak shifter?

Q: Sneak Shifter? WTF?

A: Yeah, Sneak Shifter. Going Rogue/Druid/Shifter while spending points on Hide/MS. Sneak Attacks catch enemies flatfooted, and non-DEX builds will certainly be victim to the Disarm.

Felonious Monk
04-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, there is a way to get into the standard BW items and creatures and edit them without having to Edit Copy, but it probably wouldn't be practical. Still, Edit Copy to it_crewpwhip and it_crewpwhip2 and then edit the 2da accordingly, like you said. Single player modules would be affected (unless they use haks that override polymorph.2da, like CEP or PRC), but even if Al still plays SP NWN mods as a shifter on the same box that hosts EB, he can just take down EB and pop the 2da out of the override folder while he does so. I don't think that will be necessary.

And my shifter build is a "sneak shifter". I can't imagine a decent well rounded shifter that isn't, although monk is still far superior to rogue. The problem is that even if you catch your target flatfooted, the only ones that really hurt from it are DEX builds. Non-DEX builds lose next to zero AC when flatfooted, and typically have more than enough Discipline to avoid the Disarm even if it hits. DEX builds are hurt pretty bad if they don't have Uncanny Dodge, otherwise they lose the same or even less AC than the non-DEX builds. Even then they can usually grab some Discipline by multiclassing.

A level 20 shifter in LW shape with 15 BAB, a +3 or lower weapon, and +6 to STR from items and spells will have an AB of 24. Once you take away 6 for Disarm, it goes down to 18. The only thing this will hit at that level is a flat-footed DEX char with no UD, which is typically either a monk (which doesn't even need weapons), ranger, or bard, all of which have Discipline as a class skill. At level 20 this will be around 24-25 on average without any skill boosting items, meaning if the target rolls higher than 13-14 they can't be disarmed (9-10 if they have a medium weapon). In fact, the average roll on a d20 (10.5) will only be good enough for the attacker to beat the target if they roll a 5 or less. Even under the best conditions, disarming just doesn't have a respectable success rate for a shifter.