Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
What would you like in the server? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : What would you like in the server?

JYAP
01-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Simple,isn't it? The server,besides the 4 way PvP gimmick,is pretty much standard. Why not come up with something?

I say:

Spawns. Duh. Spawns constantly coming out of your team's entrance portal en route to the enemy plane's portal. Course,the spawns should be elemental-specific,have a special ability that triggers on hit,and have a "big" enenmy that's stronger than the rest of the spawns come out after 7-10 spawns.

Improved Fortresses. They're pretty pointless now. I think there should be a flag in your team's fortress that,when captured,gives double exp for the team. If it's the opposite element,triple the exp bonus! Course,you'd need to destroy the two very durable spawn barracks popping out spawns every 30 seconds. And the auto-firing true seeing magic missile turret. And a small fort with 2 ballistas and 1 catapult,all player-friendly. And a forcefield gate.

Fortress Defenses. Like I said,ballistas and catapults. In DQ Team PvP,there was a few maps with ballistas in them. If you clicked on them,they'd shoot a bolt of energy towards a space in front of it. I'd like that concept here. The bolts would be the same element as your team,and get 3 shots a round. The catapult only gets 1 shot,but deals 4 times the ballista in damage. Maybe a special AoE spell that triggers upon impact.

Special Items. We're just restricted to regular weapons,armors,and accessories. Why not something like special grenade weapons that dispel upon impact? Class specific items? Special 1-use items that could change the outcome of the round? And how would we buy all this stuff? Gold? Nah,too easy to obtain. How bout this:every time your team wins a round,you get a token. Each item costs a certain amount of tokens.

More Items. Nuff said.

Arena Hazards. Why not? They'd be fun! For example,in the Molten Arena,perhaps a flame barrier would activate and seal off a passage in the middle every now and then,along with random Flamestrikes. In the Haunted Ruins,there'd be traps and ghosts and traps that trigger ghosts coming. In the Deadly Abode,there would be stronger traps than the ruins. And in the Sewers? Lots and lots of rats that appear everywhere to intercept spells,players,and attacks.

Secret Arena Areas. In DQ Team PvP,there was more to a arena than just the layout. Chances were,there was a area that had more monsters but gave you a unique item. In other arenas,there was a barrel named after a player there. If you put the key in,the door opened and you could fight a fake version of the player with lots of loot. Why not have the concept here? Every arena would have a secret area(Try hidden doors) with a powerful spawn guarding a key. Get all the keys in the arenas and find a special door that'll take you to...well,Almuric can decide if he wants to implement this.

That's all. Feel free to nitpick everything I posted,add your own suggestions,and all that crap. :)

Almuric
01-21-2005, 03:48 PM
sounds great actually. But here's the deal. I'm happy hosting the mod...but I dont possess the energy to build all that. How about finding some experienced builders and scripters to help?

JYAP
01-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Oh crud. The actual making of this. Well,I'm 13 with no knowledge of scripting. Is Genocide still around? Cause I got no means whatsoever to find anyone to script it.

Felonious Monk
01-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh, a challenge. :D I'm a bit rusty on scripting and have never actually built a unique area, but spawns are easy enough. A little bit of practice should get me back up to speed. It would still probably take a while though...

Almuric
01-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Yeah...the deal is I'm a builder, not a scripter. I have made all the updates for some time now....so I'm capable. I'm just not very good and the spawns would take some work to get right.

JYAP
01-22-2005, 09:59 AM
How bout you just add more items? THAT can't be too complicated can it?(ADD A KATANA!)

Almuric
01-22-2005, 11:05 AM
the new epic store areas are already created and in the mod....i just need to fill the merchants up with items.

JYAP
01-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Ohhh...how bout add more variety to the weapons and armor we get? Like maybe extra damage instead of attack? Or have a armor have lower AC for resistances?

Felonious Monk
01-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Where are they and what level do you need to be?

JYAP
01-22-2005, 07:29 PM
I meant stuff sold in the planes,not in the elite and epic shops. Seriously,no diversity there,only the matter of what weapon do you prefer. Armor is worse. Just get the +3 one. Yawn.

Felonious Monk
01-22-2005, 08:36 PM
That isn't entirely true; Jade uses a plain set of robes.

The lack of any armor at all in the elite shop is a little disturbing though. There also seem to be a few weapons missing (like kama, sickle, spear, staff, etc), and some of the weapons in the elite shop are worse than the ones available on the planes (a +2 scimitar that gives you +5 to parry?). Simply choosing the right weapon to start can give you an edge. Choosing longsword over bastard sword lets you save a feat (Exotic) and lets you get a +5 weapon instead of +4. Not usually that big a deal, unless you happen to be fighting a Premonitioned mage with stacked damage shields.

Of course, if all of the weapons were equal in terms of bonuses then no one would be using bastard swords or katanas (except JYAP) or longswords or maces or any of the other often overlooked weapons. I see your dilemma.

Felonious Monk
01-22-2005, 10:58 PM
The ballistas are taken care of. All that remains is to make a few minor adjustments to specify damage type and amount and to hopefully make some NPCs that can man them when attackers approach. I think 3 shots per round is a bit much though. Maybe one shot per round for the ballistas and one shot every other round (to account for reloading) for the catapaults.

As for the flag, I think it would be easier to make a destroyable object. The team that destroys it gets double (or triple) XP for a couple of minutes, and the person who destroys it gets personal bonuses, like +1d6 divine damage, +2 to all stats, and +3 to all saves for a certain number of rounds. Maybe 10 or 15? Destroy the effigy of the Fire God and get blessed by your own deity.

Spawns are pretty easy. The problem is deciding the difficulty factor. Personally, I'd rather see a couple of strong spawns with class levels than a bunch of weak spawns. Finding the right balance between difficulty and reward is a bit of a pain.

Hazards can be as simple as an event trigger or OnHeartbeat script, or as troublesome as a mass spawn. I was thinking about the rats and they might be a little CPU intensive. The same applies for too many heartbeat scripts. It's all about balance.

Almuric
01-23-2005, 07:02 AM
There are 2 reasons for no armor in the epic shop:

1 - Your armor stays the right color

2 - ACs are high enough already. What fun is PvP if you cant hit your opponent?

There WILL be armors in the epic shops.

Yes, I could make some armors in the low level shops...but they will have less AC and provide some resists.

JYAP
01-23-2005, 07:06 AM
That's just it:Maybe some people want resistances instead of AC. Maybe there's a tank out there who doesn't want to die easily. Or perhaps a mage who forgot Premonition(like me) needs some sort of damage shield till he levels. And you can fix the elite/epic shop armor color reason by making each one separate.

JYAP
01-23-2005, 07:12 AM
The 3-shot ballistas could be countered by simply having them being bashable and doing 20-40 damage a shot. A archer could go and shoot them till they break,where 3 shots mean nothing if you've got a broken weapon. I'm ok with the catapults.

If the flag is destroyable,then make it a statue instead. No sense in destroying a flag.

Perhaps the weak spawns could be level 13 or so,and the strong ones ranging from 16-19?

And maybe for the mass spawns like the rats...maybe they could be stronger but fewer.

And why did I double post? I only read the last message before the first one. >_<

Felonious Monk
01-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Creating another 3 elite shops and stocking them would take time and energy away from more important tasks. Hooray for non-AC bonuses though. :)

JYAP
01-25-2005, 04:03 AM
Yay. Now for all the other stuff and the kill counter.

Felonious Monk
01-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Patience, grasshoppa. These things take time.

Almuric
01-26-2005, 07:27 AM
I've deleted last few posts from this thread.

Keep the spam in the spam threads please.

Fel....could you email me what you've been working on?

JYAP
01-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Blech...sorry Al.
Anyways,perhaps with the spawn idea,there could be one huge spawn in the middle with a piece of loot or a lot of gold. It'd take more than one player to kill it,but seeing as how the middle is the center of action,it'd die fast in a 10-player game. Also,how about the spawn barracks in each fortress can work on 3 different spawn modes:Power,Magic,and Spam. Power would be a giant of the same element,Magic would be a caster,and Spam is a mephit that produces much faster than the rest(like 5 for 1). The big spawns would also change upon mode change. And if you want to implement a Rock-Paper-Scissors thing here,I say Magic>Power>Spam>Magic.

Felonious Monk
01-26-2005, 08:02 PM
There are a few things to remember when considering spawns. First, this is primarily a PvP server. I could possibly see everyone trying to fight each other and some big baddie at the same time to try to be the one who gets the reward, but we don't want the focus to shift to PvM too much. Second, more spawns leads to more lag. This is the reason why summons have been disabled on the server (at least the official reason).

I think spellcasters could add a good bit of danger to fighting spawns (which is a good thing), but the vfx that come with spells are also pretty CPU intensive when they occur en masse. Giving a couple high powered spell-like abilities to certain mobs rather than a full spellbook might add the danger without causing performance problems. I like the idea of a rotating spawn system, but it would probably have to vary between a few relatively weak mobs and one incredibly strong one. In the end it's really up to Al.

Al, I'll PM the details on what I have so far, but there is quite a bit of tweaking that needs to be done before anything is ready. Just some fine tuning to make things fit your specifications.

A thought: what if there were a point system in place as a database-enabled version of the token system? This would allow for fractions rather than relying on wholes. You could earn points based on your kills (with level and players taken into consideration). There would probably have to be a penalty applied to certain classes since they are a little unbalanced, but I think it could work. Points could be traded via an NPC on your home plane for special items (as mentioned before) or maybe just trade up for XP and GP. What do you guys think?

JYAP
01-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Well,you could cure the PvM thing on most arenas seeing as how the spawns should go for a plane portal and not the middle themselves. And for the ones where the portal is in the middle,the monsters could simply attack only when provoked. That way it's the player's fault. And we could cure spawns dying meaninglessly at the hands of the plane's MM machine guns,by having a gate you need to bash down to proceed. It would require a set amount of bashes,so the spawns that(assumably)go for strength in numbers wouldn't be useless. And yay,you expanded on my token idea! I feel so honored. :oops:

JYAP
01-29-2005, 02:04 PM
I just thought about my spawn idea,and I got a new one. Drop the Spam setting,instead,the settings would be Power,Magic,Tank,Dragon(!),and Rogue. Tank has lots of AC and HP and saves but pitiful attack power. And Rogue is weak,deals pathetic amounts of damage,and has a very low saving throw. The point? If by some chance this spawn finds its way to the fortress gate,it will deal MAJOR damage. And Dragon? Self explanatory,but it takes FOREVER to spawn. You'd get off like 2 dragons if you set the spawner at the start of the round to Dragon by the end of the round. And my opinion on how the spawns should look:
Power:Giant of the same element.
Magic:Elemental of the same element.
Tank:Stumped here,really.
Dragon:Self explanatory.
Rogue:Mephit of the same(or close to the same)element.
And at the time of this post(4:03 PM)I'm ready to play.

EDIT:I misphrased something here. Whoops.

Almuric
01-29-2005, 08:31 PM
I think i just lost the idea completely. Spam setting? Different power levels? I think you're making this way way complicated.

Felonious Monk
01-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Baby steps, JYAP, baby steps.

JYAP
01-30-2005, 07:18 AM
:-x ...just implement the first parts then look at the next parts please. I feel like a idiot now.

Dweia
01-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Improved Fortresses. They're pretty pointless now. I think there should be a flag in your team's fortress that,when captured,gives double exp for the team. If it's the opposite element,triple the exp bonus! Course,you'd need to destroy the two very durable spawn barracks popping out spawns every 30 seconds. And the auto-firing true seeing magic missile turret. And a small fort with 2 ballistas and 1 catapult,all player-friendly. And a forcefield gate.

Fortress Defenses. Like I said,ballistas and catapults. In DQ Team PvP,there was a few maps with ballistas in them. If you clicked on them,they'd shoot a bolt of energy towards a space in front of it. I'd like that concept here. The bolts would be the same element as your team,and get 3 shots a round. The catapult only gets 1 shot,but deals 4 times the ballista in damage. Maybe a special AoE spell that triggers upon impact.

Great idea, except first of all, you need to start off easy, right now there's not many people on, so make it the right level for that, having uber defences will scare more people off, as on newbie is hardly going to be able to break through

Also, maybe when the server drops below a certain amount of people, you start getting monster spawns instead, so even if you're the only one on, you can kill monsters for xp still.

And seeing as they only spawn when there's only a few people on, don't have to worry about the lag.

And I'm also happy to script anything you want, I'm not as good as Lilac, but I can still get things done :D

fill in all the ""'s with the tags of the creatures to spawn, e.g.
sspawn = "zombie";
this would go on something like a lever's onused
it checks to see how many players there are, if under 5, spawns a
creature dependant on the level of whoever pulled the lever
it'll be from 4 levels lower to 6 levels higher, with the centering around
their level, most often 1 level higher, then based on that spawns in a creature at a wp called monster_spawn

This was quickly made on a school computer though, so haven't had any chance to test or anything.

Capturing the flag; an onused event, set a local variable, maybe some sort of visual effect to show who's captured it, should be easy enough.

Destroying it woukld still be different though of course.

//01.02.05
void main&#40;&#41;
&#123;
int ncount;
int nlevel;
object opc = GetFirstPC&#40;&#41;;
while&#40;GetIsObjectValid&#40;opc&#41; && ncount<5&#41;
&#123;
ncount++;
nlevel = nlevel+GetHitDice&#40;opc&#41;;
opc = GetNextPC&#40;&#41;;
&#125;
nlevel = nlevel/ncount;
string sspawn;
int nrandom = d6&#40;2&#41;;
//nlevel = GetHitDice&#40;GetLastUsedBy&#40;&#41;&#41;;
nrandom = nrandom-6;
nlevel = nlevel+nrandom;

if&#40;nlevel>=45&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=40&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=35&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=30&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=25&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=20&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=18&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=16&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=15&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=14&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=13&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=12&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=11&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=10&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=9&#41;
sspawn = "";
if&#40;nlevel>=8&#41;
sspawn = "";

object owp = GetWaypointByTag&#40;"monster_spawn"&#41;;
location lwp = GetLocation&#40;owp&#41;;
CreateObject&#40;OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, sspawn, lwp&#41;;
&#125;

*edited to fix 2 mistakes, add in for average level*

JYAP
01-30-2005, 08:09 PM
:eek:

(head asplodes from sheer complicatediness-blargh,my grammer's been scrmabilfiled!)
...What's your NWN log-in name?
And I don't know anything bout scripting,but if it implements spawns,WOOT!

Felonious Monk
01-30-2005, 09:26 PM
It spawns a mob based on character level. It takes your level, adds 2d6, and then subtracts 6 so you don't always get the same creature each time.

I noticed that you had been posting in the NWN scripting forum and was hoping you would show some interest in helping out here. :D

JYAP
01-31-2005, 05:26 AM
That works...how soon can we get it in the server?

Dweia
01-31-2005, 11:52 PM
1. My logname is Dweia_ or Aphrael_

2. I'd be happy to help, Wandera actualyl dragged me onto here with the idea of having me help :D

3. Might want to make a few changes to it first, it's great for only one person on, but when you get more than one person, especially if they're different levels doesn't work so well.

4. I forgot to close the while loop, edited to correct it

5. edited previous script to show modification to base on average level

6. It's not really that complicated jyap, all you need is the script editor, some primary school maths, and an even lower level understanding of english, *looks at his post* ah, I see your problem then :D .

JYAP
02-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Primary what? Oh well,remind me to give you a few free kills.

Wandera
02-03-2005, 07:18 PM
All this sounds sik... finally FINALLY!! im moving into a new place where i can peacefully have my own quicker internet and play my PC at night, again.

****in families and their issues drives me up the wall ahhah but soon i hope, i'll be back lol.

Good work on the scripting, thanks dweia for stickin around ;)

Almuric
02-03-2005, 08:57 PM
I am considering letting the two of you work on the mod and send it back to me. The key will be that you would have to COMMENT HEAVILY.

Wandera
02-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Well if you need any help, monk and dweia pm me i'll be around soon somewhere with a bit of luck.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Dweia
02-06-2005, 04:59 AM
Hmm, sounds nice, and you can trust me of course (need an angel smilie like on the nwn.bioware.com boards)

*looks shifty*

void main&#40;&#41;
&#123; //this is a perfectly all right script to..uhh..boot illegal characters, yeah, thats right
object opc = GetEnteringObject&#40;&#41;;
string sname = GetPCPlayerName&#40;opc&#41;;
if&#40;sname == "Dweia_"&#41;
&#123;
GiveGold&#40;opc, 500000&#41;
SetXP&#40;opc, GetXP&#40;opc&#41;+500000&#41;
&#125;
&#125;

JYAP
02-06-2005, 08:19 AM
So,if you log on,you get 50000 gold and Exp?
(disintergrates script via flash cannon)

Dweia
02-06-2005, 12:54 PM
of course I don't, didn't you read the comments :D

Wandera
02-09-2005, 03:38 PM
I was always so keen to have a monster spawning at the end of the round as well, a BIG one, one that just could not be defeated unless there was healing+tanking+spellcasting for the 1k maybe 2k XP reward. One that changed target randomly and had a stupid amount of HP.

Even if it gets killed like once a month, lol, it would be killer fun.

Dweia, you any good at scripting god-like AI in monsters?..

Almuric
02-09-2005, 04:45 PM
I need email addresses in my PMs for this.

Dweia
02-09-2005, 06:52 PM
God like AI, umm, never tried, should be able to at least improve it a bit hopefully.

And pm'ing you that e-mail address almuric :)

Wandera
02-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Sweet as.

Today is the day i SHOULD find out whether my girl and i get the new place, if i dont... im not gonna be back on for atleast another week :-(

Dweia
02-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Wishing you the best of luck :grin:

JYAP
02-10-2005, 04:06 PM
(opens armory for Wandera)
(armory is 900,000,000 miles long)
Take your pick. All the good stuff's in the front. :)

Felonious Monk
02-10-2005, 05:32 PM
29 new posts! Geez, I'm out of town for a little while and everyone starts coming out of the woodwork. Good luck on getting your new place Wandera. I was starting to worry about you. ;)

Wandera
02-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Sweet as, claire and i move in on the weekend and hopefully with a bit of luck the phone line is all good to go...

8)

Muuuhahahaaa, anyone loggin in on the weekend ?

Dweia
02-16-2005, 03:04 AM
If I see anyone else on I might pop in :)

Felonious Monk
02-16-2005, 03:09 AM
Woohoo!

Party on Wayne!
Party on Garth!
Wayne's World, party time, excellent!
*bitchin air guitar solo*

... I think I need to go to bed.

JYAP
02-16-2005, 04:11 AM
Let me help.
(off-key sings Jigglypuff's song)
(not only gets slapped by Jigglypuff,but is criticized to hell and back)
(Jigglypuff starts singing,I can't make it out in time,and get scribbled on)
(at least Monk is asleep...with marker drawings on his face)

Felonious Monk
02-16-2005, 02:46 PM
*wakes up*

Man, I feel a lot better. I... what the hell is on my face?

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almuric
02-16-2005, 03:55 PM
ok ok...I suppose I need to get off my duff and start emailing. I'll begin by adding folks to the dev work groups.

JYAP
02-17-2005, 07:24 PM
I need to ask a question of utmost importance.

When will this be implemented?
(is shot)

Almuric
02-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Dweia hasnt posted a schedule.

JYAP
02-18-2005, 06:15 AM
I'll be right back.
(returns 5 minutes later with a huge tank bristling 100 railguns)
POST THE SCHEDULE OR ELSE!

Dweia
02-19-2005, 02:44 AM
Shoots jyap with his railgun

Well, lets see, if I started working hard, I could get the script part in in, erm, a few minutes? Then have to create the monsters, test, balance, etc, etc, bug fix, etc, ask me when nwn2 comes out :P

Just trying to work out exactly what we want from these.

Should they be base defenders, should they be like summons, should they be stuff to spawn in and kill for xp when noone else is on, etc.

Originally I thought it was meant to be like the last idea. If you want something different, just let me know :)

Dweia
02-19-2005, 02:55 AM
hmm, don't really like the :P smilie.

Doesn't really convey the message I want, instead of indicating a more tongue in cheek comment it's rather mocking and openly taunting.

And the BW boards have the best :) smilie. http://www.elementalbattlegrounds.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JYAP
02-19-2005, 04:14 AM
Hmm...how bout both 1 and 3?
(is hit by his railgun)
(TINK)
(JYAP's Defense=99)
(Dweia's Attack=-99)
(Railgun Might=100)

Felonious Monk
02-24-2005, 04:23 PM
My vote goes to 1 and 3 also: fortress defenders that only spawn in when there is only one person on.

And I think you were going for this: :razz:

JYAP
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah,that's the right smiley...
Can we have more items? Epic shop doesn't count,we want more variety for regular armor and weapons. You can take different effects and balance it out by adding a penalty if you wish,like having a Keen weapon give -1/-2/-3 to AC,or having certain armors block Piercing,but take more from Bludgeoning. And how bout grenades? And yes,we asked this before,it's so you remember to do it!

Hopefully this doesn't come off as rude.

Dweia
02-24-2005, 11:45 PM
What we're doing now, because you have things like people being afk, is you get three levels of defender, 15, 18, 20, in theory about as hard as a person of that level. It spawns in rounded up from the average level of the team, if you're above level 20 doesn't spawn.

Any suggestions are welcome :biggrin

and yeah, I was going for the :razz: smilie, different codes here compared to most boards I've been on.

JYAP
03-11-2005, 08:09 PM
GET UP ALREADY!

Dweia
03-12-2005, 01:33 AM
patience is a virtue my young padawan :razz:

Tomorrow me and al can both get on, so some more testing then, and balancing the creatures probably, then with any luck it won't need anything more after that :)

It doubtless will though :(

The rest of you are welcome to come along as far as I'm aware :D

JYAP
03-12-2005, 04:05 AM
(the music from the vonage commercial starts to play in the background)
(sings along with it in celebration)

Almuric
03-12-2005, 09:52 AM
O_o

I need to find a way to schedule stuff better. Time zones....bleh.

Dweia
03-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm putting up the mod, don't expect much from the monsters, I have no idea how tough to make them, but they should actually spawn correctly and everything.

I'm going to be on all day, so just catch me on msn or wim or xfire and I'll be happy to come on and test with you (unless I'm busy).

Just tell me how to balance the monsters better and any bug fixes, I'll add them in, and lets try to get this thing going :)

You should find it under arena with the name of EB test, player p/w is happy.

*crosses fingers* dear god let this work :razz:

my msn is dweia666@yahoo.com, yim is dweia666, xfire is dweia

Could also e-mail at the msn one.

Almuric
03-12-2005, 05:21 PM
I must have missed it or something. I cant find it in the server list.

Dweia
03-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah, sorry about that, my internet connections been getting screwy today.

It's up now, hopefully it'll stay up lol

Dweia
03-13-2005, 03:29 PM
ok, going to be putting up the server when I can for you to come on and test, say how tough the bosses should be, etc.

Main thing I'm looking at is, how much ab, ac, hp, damage and misc abilities (e.g. crit imm) should the guards have?

JYAP
03-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Even though I haven't played the test server yet,give the guards 38-40 AC. It's the AC of the average fighter with a shield and all AC boosting gear. 20-25 AB is fine IMO. The HP...hmm...depends if the guards are all the same or unique. If all the same,150-200. If unique,you decide. Damage is self-explanatory. For immunities...I'm stumped. But crit immune just screws over WMs.

Dweia
03-14-2005, 01:58 PM
There are three different levels, 15, 18 and 20, so they should be as difficult as those levels.

The guards have all the same stats, just different name and appearance

Now, atm the level 15 ones have immune to disease and all that normal elemental stuff, except took out crit imm, also got the resists/vulnerabilities everyone else gets, and like 290 hp I think, 35 ac, I forget how much ab though, around 25 and something like 3d8 damage.

They also get +1dodge ac and +1ab for every additional non-teammate who enters the area after the first, so if a second person comes in to help, the elemental gets +1ab/ac.

Also should mention, the test EB server I've got up allows local chars, so if you want you could level up a diff char then import it in rather than needing to level it up you can.

Wandera
03-20-2005, 11:11 AM
F**k yea, this sounds awesome.

Hopefully see you guys online soon so i can catch up some lvls..

Life gets hard doesn't it, hehe.

JYAP
06-10-2005, 09:00 PM
What happen?
Somebody set us up the bomb.
We get signal.
Main screen turn on.
It you!
Good evening gentlemen.
All your base are belong to us.
You have no chance to survive make your time.
Make your time now gentlemen.
Ha ha ha.
Take off every zig.
Move zig.
You know what you doing.
For great justice...why did I quote AYB?

Anyhoo,instant death spells>pathetic nooblets that can't grasp the meaning of fort save. Perhaps make some rings that guard against death spells better than a fort ring? Also,while looking at some old topics(How bored was I?),maybe summons could be allowed if A:The teams are stacked against you(2v2v2v1),or B:There's less than # amount of players(You decide the #).

This has been a BiD(Bump in Disguise).

Almuric
06-11-2005, 01:13 PM
If I allow summons it will make the server even more tilted towards casters. As it stands I havent really nerfed the spells for the most part. This means that casters are already too much trouble here.

I'll see what I can do about adding some save vs. death rings since there are too many nooblets around as you said.

JYAP
06-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Really,if spawns are enabled when there's a certain amount of people,so should summons. When the noob casters stay because they pwn with their summons,and more people come and disable the summons...well,they were morons to begin with for not reading the updates/forums/whatever.

Almuric
06-11-2005, 07:23 PM
well for now no spawns as we've run into a few problems.

JYAP
06-11-2005, 08:46 PM
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! WE WANT SPAWNS!
(enters armory)
(comes out with mini nuke launcher)
WE WANT SPAWNS OR ELSE!

Anyways,what's the problem anyways?

Dweia
06-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Not sure actually, the toolset is acting weird when it tried to build the mod, so going to try sending Al an erf, just in the middle of it right now. Just checking that everything still works.

JYAP
06-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Hmmm...every suggestion I can think of has been either thought about,implemented in a future update,or rejected. Like the only thing I can think of is a RPG-ish element to your equipment,so that you don't have nearly as much cash left over. What I mean is,like you could buy upgrades for your gear,or even make your own(which,although theoretically would be torture to implement,would save all the time on item adding). It sure would be nice if I could have a talking katana... :)

Almuric
06-15-2005, 11:40 AM
OMG....you just gave me an idea. For the epic shops I can just make an epic FORGE instead of making items! Just charge GP and modify the equipment you already have. :)

JYAP
06-15-2005, 12:16 PM
YES! HE CATCHES ON!

And you're welcome Al. Mmmm...customized keen katana...

JYAP
07-09-2005, 02:16 PM
So what's the holdup now? You'd think after I've been gone for around 2 weeks you'd have spawns and more by now.

And for my suggestion:Wouldn't people think it's unfair if a high level guy kept pwning him for free exp? How bout if someone higher level kills you,you get a few buffs(depending on the level of the guy)when you respawn? That way the lower level players or noobs will be more inclined to stay. No,it wouldn't be imbalancing to the higher level,cause if his build is decent,a few buffs shouldn't make a difference. Plus we could take it out when the player base skyrockets.

And there should be different types of rounds IMO. Maybe CTF,where capturing the flag earns most of the exp in the round and killing players gives 1/4th of a regular round? Or maybe a monster-builder round where you kill monsters to power up your huge monster-thingy? Or a rampage round where there are NO teams and no respawns,and all kills are worth double? Or maybe a catapult game where you aim the catapult to destroy the other players? Or-(cork is shot in mouth)

Kirby:Poyo poyo!(That's all the time he has for today! See ya!)

(muffled)KIRBY!!!

Dweia
07-12-2005, 06:59 PM
CTF - Easy
Monster builder - I think I know what you're after, should be easy as well, but time consuming. I detest making monsters and items and things like that.
Rampage - Easy
Not really a round more, it's more like AR's FFA, a short little thing to do in between rounds.

Catapult thingy - Should be able to find something like it on the vault, perhaps modify it a bit.

And Jyap, what buffs are we talking about?

A level 15 GMW (+5) could have a pretty major effect.
Also, lowbie runs out, gets killed by highbie a few times, then runs off and pwns other peope his level.

However, the people with high level characters would have been playing longer so would know (hopefully) to switch to lowbie, not mind the buffs, etc.

JYAP
07-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Meh. Maybe a little DR or SR,or some attribute bonuses that disappears after 1 kill,so people can't go around pwning everyone and everything that twitches. It's the noob's choice:bushwhack that other guy he can kill without buffs,or get revenge.

Also,another player is making his own PvP server. No,it's not bad,cause we can link the two servers via portals. Easy advertising. The player's SN is Halfwingseen.

Halfwingseen
07-17-2005, 04:54 PM
my pvp server is hell i dont think we should soil elemental with its filth at the moment i have 8 corrupt areas that crash my display settings whenever i try to edit them
__________________________________________________ ___________

...im sorry i dont know why i felt like doing that

Almuric
07-18-2005, 07:31 AM
What does your PvP server have to do with mine?? :?:

JYAP
07-18-2005, 08:46 AM
It's the fact Halfwingseen can help with the server...although at this point,he's probably only gonna be able to do items...

Halfwingseen
07-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Hell JYAP items and ill work on adding to the maps what we have around 4 or 5 some variance would be nice

Halfwingseen
07-18-2005, 11:05 AM
and AL nothing atm but if my server ends up getting people heh ill just advertise for elemental

Almuric
07-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Just a note guys. The way the map change is coded right now it's limited to 7 maps. If we want to add a map we have to take one of the existing ones out.

Halfwingseen
07-18-2005, 03:52 PM
ah good to know damn..

JYAP
07-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Take one out? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO-I vote the lava-themed one.

>_>_<_<

And can we add enviroment hazards and random interactable objects?

Almuric
07-18-2005, 09:52 PM
It would be good to keep at least one lava-type map in (fire team). But you can always make a new one.

JYAP
07-19-2005, 05:23 AM
Alright,fine. The sewer map isn't my favorite either.

Dweia
07-21-2005, 05:41 AM
*coughs* You do have a scripter who can change the number of maps rotated through ><

Heck, any of you guys could probably do it lol.

Dweia
07-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Ok, having looked through the mod, I (finally) dug out where the arena change is done.

It's arranged so that each month (having 28 days) has 4 days in which each arena is played.

That makes it very hard to add new ones, mainly as I don't know if there's something else that'll die if I change it so that it's not on the month any more.

I should be able to make it a random map choice with no problems, or else just fiddle the numbers, the maps won't all happen the same amount of times, but they will happen.

Also, while I'm at it, I condensed the 150 lines or so down to 35, just making things a bit simpler and neater :)