Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
XP rewards [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : XP rewards

Felonious Monk
01-10-2005, 09:34 PM
I really think XP needs to be turned up a bit here. People are coming on to play and leaving because levels come so slowly. Other mods that have faster leveling are getting all the players. What do you guys think?

JYAP
01-11-2005, 05:48 AM
I think if there's a certain amount of players logged on,monsters should start spawning. Like if there's 6 or so players,you could deal with skeletons and zombies in the ruins. Of course,they'll need to be varied and decently leveled for the higher level guys.

Almuric
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
I could possibly turn up the xp. How long does it take to get to level 40 on other mods?

JYAP
01-11-2005, 12:51 PM
I don't care bout the kill rate of exp,but what about that one guy who comes in,but there's no one there? He wants to level,but there are no players. Answer? Monsters! Course,you can see how easily one could be epic,so how bout after level 17,the monsters stop giving exp. Sound good?

Felonious Monk
01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
I could possibly turn up the xp. How long does it take to get to level 40 on other mods?

That's a bit tricky to answer, as the starting levels on mods vary greatly. Some start you out at 40 and just have you upgrade equipment instead and others might start you out at 7 and give rewards on an end-of-round basis. There are many out there that start you out in the 20s or 30s and quite a few more (like EB) that start you out in the teens. On the server I played before coming to EB, you started out at 18 and XP and GP were meted out at the end of a 20 minute round according to the score of your team relative to the score of the other team, with a maximum of 5k possible. I reached level 27 in a matter of a couple of weeks, but it probably would have taken another month or more to get to 40.

Even if players were able to get a level per day, that's still 25 days of straight playing before any one character reaches level 40. Cut that in half and that's almost 2 months to fully level a new char. I think doubling the current XP is a good way to go, as even then you will need to spend hours winning to actually gain a level, especially as you get higher up. Even if the XP were tripled I doubt anyone would ever hit 40.

I still think spawns are a good idea, but only if there is just one person in the server. The CR will remain constant so diminishing returns prevents everyone from leveling up too high by themselves. My offer to work on this still stands.

Almuric
01-12-2005, 06:20 AM
I'll have to think about how much to add, but it wont be doubled. The reason is that back when the server had 16+ players all day for a weekend I gained 2 levels in one day. The xp isnt low, the player count is. I will increase it however.

Felonious Monk
01-12-2005, 01:50 PM
The problem is player count won't really rise by that much unless the XP is high enough to keep people. Maybe increase it more now and cut it back once the player base picks up? There is a huge difference between 16 people and 2 or 3. BTW, what times do you usually get on?