Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Team Killing Discussion [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Team Killing Discussion

Wandera
12-01-2004, 05:54 PM
I have seen far too many team members start quarreling and end up fighting each other repeatedly.

Something needs to happen.. i was thinking..

Would you agree saying you CANNOT accidently kill your own team by the way the MOD is designed UNLESS you strictly INTEND to?.. hence..

1# maybe you get ported to the prime material plane and cannot choose that team again for an entire real life HOUR?..
( this wouldnt work due to KD spammers 'accidently' clicking your own team )

2# Upon striking your own team VIA melee.. he is healed and you are harmed?

3# Simple stone to flesh is inherited to the attacker for approximately 5 - 10 seconds? EDIT*** ( As SOON as you strike your own team melee, NOT on death of your team mate )

..its gotta stop lol.. lets hear it peoples?

JYAP
12-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Erm...So far,I'm the only guy who's teamkilled,AFAIK.
1st time:Accidental Imp. KD on a ally. Died shortly after.
2nd and 3rd time:Teammate made a few armor mistakes. Criticals>Planar damage.
Only spells like Ice Storm,which deals bludgeon and elemental damage,can actually kill a ally,so IMO there should be no penalties.
My 2 cents.

Wandera
12-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Yes but im referring to INTENTIONAL team killing.

Like anger between 2 team mates arise, then consecutive kills between the 2 begin.

Ive seen it happen a few times and its silly. If it wasnt going to cause too much lag to have a script,

on hit {
attacked == own team {
attacker is paralyzed 5seconds
}
}

It would be so handy. It has to be instant Stone to Flesh to stop further attacks that round so minimal damage is dealt.

Felonious Monk
12-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Isn't the server Full PvP though? As in all AoE spell will harm your allies whether you want them to or not?

And I agree that people on the same team shouldn't be fighting. The whole idea is to kill people who aren't on your team. You certainly don't gain anything from it.

Wandera
12-01-2004, 11:38 PM
lol.. thats the idea behind elemental type damage, and immunity, it doesnt harm them majority of the time, and spells arent the issue, its melee that can be abused.. i guess though things like bigby's are a problem too, lets just give those the blind eye ;)

Felonious Monk
12-02-2004, 12:39 AM
And let's not forget Wail/Weird.

Wandera
12-02-2004, 01:37 AM
I have an great idea.. let's give every character:

100% home plane immunity
100% opposing plane immunty decrease
100 % arcane spell failure

..?

*EDIT* :)

Felonious Monk
12-02-2004, 01:43 AM
That's a great idea! :tup:

*stabs self in eye with pencil*

Wandera
12-02-2004, 02:10 AM
Monkey get your coyte on the server and fight lol!

I know your thereeee I SEE YOU!!!!!

Almuric
12-02-2004, 07:22 AM
Guys...accidental team kills are just part of the game. The good news is I think I'm going to start tracking it in my new stats plans.