Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
An idea for team objectives [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : An idea for team objectives

KamaCleric
07-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Seeing as the server is up again and everything, thought I'd post this here...basically, It'd be nice if there was an actual objective to accomplish in the mod, rather then just mindless killing. Sooo, here's an idea for that...

What I was thinking of, was giving each faction a pillar with a crystal corresponding to their element, and another 3 pillars for the crystals of the other three factions. These would all be located in each action's elemental plane, to make it a bit harder to grab the things. The objective is to bring all our crystals to your team's pillars, which results in an XP/GP reward based upon how long you manage to keep them.

To make things a bit harder, the elemental damage for the elemental plane could be removed upon possession of more then one crystal (Was also thinking that it could be based upon which crystal the team has if they have one, but that could be nasty; say earth has the Earth and Water crystals, a team could steal the Earth crystal and the Earth elemental plane would do ice damage. Ouch!). Also, players could only carry one at a time, and possession of a crystal would reduce AB, AC, casting stats, movement speed etc., so as to promote teamwork by ensuring that the person carrying the crystal is weak as a kitten. If the person carrying the crystal dies, it is placed at their death location, for someone else to pick up and transport to their base (Was also thinking that it could be destroyed; make it fairly fragile, then have it do huge damage when destroyed to everyone near it, and then have it respawn several minutes later at it's original base).

Umm... that's about all I can think of or now :razz: But some kind of objective would make the server much better IMHO, and the above suggestion would fit into the mod quite nicely... well, aside from all the scripting, rescripting, debugging, testing and all the other things involved. :razz: :roll:

Almuric
07-07-2004, 07:06 AM
Not a bad idea and definitely up for discussion. I want to be careful about trying to put too many requirements on the mod other then the joy of killing each other though. Maybe we save this for version 2. I dont know. Still a few bugs to work out first before we try for something like this. Right now traps are giving me hell and I need to find a solution.

Madd
07-07-2004, 09:12 AM
problem is, during the day when liek 2 people are on....you can go and grab them from the other teams easily and lvl up quickly w/o many kills

ive been trying to think of something like this, but everytime i run into the same problem

KamaCleric
07-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Could be disabled when there isn't x people on the server and/or y on each team, or base it on power ratings or something like that. Or limit it to only the teams with players on. Would just have to include some checks to make sure it can't be abused.

Yeah, something like this would require a lot of planning and work to implement, but still, it would be cool :grin: And have fun with the traps :razz:

Madd
07-08-2004, 06:10 AM
i was thinking and maybe the good and xp could be based off of how many other players, and their levels on the other team...this might a large script though...