Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Elemental Rules [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Rules

Almuric
09-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Lets get a feel for what rules we would like to see. The Dev team will ultimately set the rules for the mod, but we want to see what you guys would like implemented.

I'll start:

1. No cussing. If you are asked to mind your language and continue this is grounds for banning. Some may say this rule could be too strict. I personally dont mind cussing but I have a problem with stupid people who could abuse allowing it.

2. No exploiting bugs. We all want it to be fair. Bugs should be pointed out to DMs or PM'd. Don't post a bug for everyone to see.

3. No summons, familiars, pets, etc. This may be allowed later, but for now lets keep CPU cycles to a minimum.

4. No pickpocket or disarm. This rule is not optional. It has already been scripted in.

5. No equipment or gold transferring.

Please post other rules you would like to see used.

WNxRune
09-23-2003, 01:24 PM
oh, youll allow TimeStop eh?

so youll allow all spells eh? oh, I got to go in as a spellcaster!

Almuric
09-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Rune, we're looking for suggestions. The list I gave is a starting point. If you agree or disagree post it. Plus, post any additional rules you would like to see. As far as Time Stop goes, it has been modified. The exact modification will be revealed when we get to the beta testing stage. We are still in alpha.

Genocide
09-23-2003, 02:45 PM
Minimal running to avoid death. Running like a few yards is cool, but like half the length of the map or in circles is not. A fighter that is being beat down and sees his team on a platform should be able to attempt to run to get cover from his team, or a spellcaster to try and get off a spell without being disrupted. But like I said running in circles or doing a marathon is stupid.

Madd
09-24-2003, 06:55 PM
yea...just a couple of modifications to the spells like firebrand and IGMS and the such...you might have to limit delayed fireball with my fire mage :D

Almuric
09-24-2003, 07:52 PM
We're not talking spells. Just general server rules. The dev team is indeed talking about the spell scripting. :)

WNxRune
09-25-2003, 04:00 PM
how bout no shouting...

Shouting can create lag if the server has alot of players in it, plus it will kinda pollute the chat for those spammers...

*Looks at Madd*

Madd
09-25-2003, 04:33 PM
i think shouting shouldn't be completely unused...just maybe only certain things...like no arguing over shout or anything...but maybe just some slight chit-chat and trash talking

Genocide
09-27-2003, 05:05 PM
I think an argument can be carried to talk..or party. Never on shout. Also think if the people that are arguing on the shout channel are asked to stop and they don't stop, then they get jailed.

Madd
09-27-2003, 05:59 PM
is it me, or does anybody else get a bad feeling when geno starts talking about a jail in Eb...

WNxRune
09-28-2003, 02:00 PM
eek... we shall call it Genocide's Dungeon...

and it will be decorated with matching bodies all around it :razz:

Genocide
10-06-2003, 10:21 PM
It's just called "Jail". There is one live inhabitant in there though, the Demon of Irritation.

Almuric
10-07-2003, 08:06 AM
For now the server rules will be:

1. No cussing. If you are asked to mind your language and continue this is grounds for banning.

2. No exploiting bugs. We all want it to be fair. Bugs should be pointed out to DMs or PM'd. Don't post a bug for everyone to see.

3. No summons, familiars, pets, etc. If you cast a summons spell nothing will happen. You have just wasted a spell slot.

4. No pickpocket or disarm.

5. No equipment or gold transferring.

6. No running to save your life. Minimal running is allowed to get room to cast a spell or use hide skill, but simply running in circles or more then a few yards to stay alive is not allowed.

Bounty Hunter
10-08-2003, 06:08 PM
I played on v5 Gods for 2 days now and there are many monks and with monks comes the improved knockdown too.
Are you gonna add any rule for that? I got surounded by 3 monks and everyone was ikd me all the time. Even when you face one monk they spawn you with ikds. So is EB gonna alow using iproved knockdown like normal or you gonna reduce its usage by rule against same char in same fight?

Almuric
10-08-2003, 06:38 PM
For now we will leave it as-is. One thing to remember is that we are starting at level 10, not 6. The other is this is beta, so we want to see what needs changing. After a little time running beta we'll look at the rules again, and look at the bugs/suggestion forum for what people want and make adjustments. I dont want to rule out IKD until we try it first.

Bounty Hunter
10-08-2003, 09:09 PM
I absolutely didnt mean to rule it totally out. No no no!!! :D
But good idea to let things be tested first before you make changes.

WNxRune
10-09-2003, 09:45 AM
hey, youll allow shadowdancers then?

Almuric
10-09-2003, 07:55 PM
All classes are allowed. Keep in mind that True Seeing was left as-is. That means anyone with true seeing wont be affected by hide-in-plain-sight.

Bounty Hunter
10-09-2003, 08:34 PM
True seeing see through sanctuary and invisible spells. But if you have low spot and enemy high hide even if you have true seeing you wont see them. But I didn´t know that hide in plain sight don´t work if you have tru seeing.