Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Problems... [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Problems...

Almuric
01-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Ok, so if anyone has looked at the sticky, a lot of spells were changed. If you are familiar with Hordes then you know that there are some new spells to bring into line with the rest. Not only that, I came across a problem. There is a new "include" file for the spells scripts. It allows for epic level saves for the spells. That means if I ever want to allow level advancement beyond level 20 on the server EVERY spell that has been touched will have to be rescripted AGAIN. I'm not sure how I stand with that, especially since there were already other issues needing work.

Verox
01-13-2004, 06:58 PM
*points back to previous post*

If you guys need a hand, am usually willing to help out. I can script and build, just not really looking for fulltime stuff but I dont mind smaller projects like that :)

Genocide
01-13-2004, 07:00 PM
You sir, are lazy.

If you WANT the mod to be great, then hard work is called for beyond any hard work you already have put into it.

I had ZERO help (except from the scripting community) writing the scripts that actually drive EB. Took a lot of time. Created 80% of all the weapons, wrote a few conversations, created 5 home planes, and playested for hours before I even asked for you to install my changes. That took a lot of time. I sat in front of the computer for hours with Aurora open to do all that, and still scripted even more stuff as people made requests during beta. Oh, edited all original campaign spells, 75% of the SoU spells, armor descriptions and then went back to see where more flavor could be added.

Now you are whining about editing the spells???

What you mean is you wish you didn't have to do it.

The task seems daunting but really isn't. Start with one, keep going until you feel like stopping work for the night. Start again the next day and so on until its all done.[/b]

Madd
01-13-2004, 08:13 PM
rawr? armor descriptions? most of em still say... "Coming to a Store Near You" which was my stupid phrase i added...which remins me...i need to fiddle witht he armors again..

Genocide
01-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Sorry, I mean TITLES or NAMES, never touched the descriptions.

Heh you had a ..few misspelled words.

Almuric
01-14-2004, 08:34 AM
You sir, are lazy.

Actually since I'm not really a scripter it took me a while to figure out how important that new include file was. I've gotten a little work done while I've been out of town but its been busy here.

As far as when I get back in town the question is:

Do I play and DM the mod (since I'm pretty much the only DM spending alot of time there)

or

Work on the mod.

There's quite a bit of crap going on that I need to watch or all the players get pissed because no DM is on the server. So what do the players want?

Madd
01-14-2004, 02:19 PM
only a few? i feel special, my spelling has gone up :P