Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Wold you agree? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Wold you agree?

WNxRune
12-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Note: This is not my opinion. This is only a quote from a very important person which ill reveal later. Please, no one reveal who he is until everyone is finished arguing his or her opinion... heh

"Instruction in world history in the so-called high schools is even today in a very sorry condition. Few teachers understand that the study of history can never be to learn historical dates and events by heart and recite them by rote; that what matters is not whether the child knows exactly when this battle or that was fought, when a general was born, or even when a monarch (usually a very insignificant one) came into the crown of his forefathers. No, by the living God, this is very unimportant. To 'learn' history means to seek and find the forces which are the causes leading to those effects which we subsequently perceive as historical events."

Wold you agree?
What are your thoughts?

WNxDeridex
12-16-2003, 02:40 PM
My personal view on history is as follows, it was a quote by someone who i cant remeber at this time:

If we do not learn from the past, then we are forced to relive it

It might not be the exact 'wording' but thats what i like and thats what i think of history.