Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Read this Preview! [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Read this Preview!

Almuric
11-14-2003, 07:57 AM
I just read an article over at ign.com that is awesome! So much info..... follow the link:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/458/458780p1.html

Bounty Hunter
11-14-2003, 08:54 AM
HoU really looks like it is gonna be a blast. If Bioware get it right at first try. No buggs and cries for patch as with NWN and SoU.

New prestige classes look kewl too. This time I think you will finnaly be able to improve your start class and not like with SoU develop a whole new class with only 10 lvls.
And monsters get tougher too so it will be a challenge.

Yeah HoU will be a blast.

Madd
11-14-2003, 10:30 AM
i just wanna see the wings, then pwn some more wit the melee guys

Genocide
11-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Yeah it will be a fine addition to my list of games that I've played an beaten. You wanna know something that sorta sucks? I betcha a lot of the peple that buy the new expansion won't spend even two minutes in the single player. They will jump online and expect to see servers running it. I PROMISE you, there will be a LOT and I mean a LOT of servers that will NOT RUSH to update to HoTU. This expansion will completely ruin game balance of most persistant worlds as you now know them. Integrating the extra powerful characters into a world not ready for them will be a long time coming. I can almost guarantee, no DECENT PvP server will be updated until all the skills, spells, feats, and classes are thoroughly looked at.

Still it will be fun for me to play through and finish.

Madd
11-14-2003, 07:45 PM
actually...ive been playing a lot of single player mods, like A Harper's Tale o damn that is a hard maze in part 2...

i usually go through the first chapter in singleplayer then go play some multi, and about 3 weeks later ill go back and play single player again..

*off topic* geno, i d/l the demo of Temple of Elemental Evil, man that is fun :D

Genocide
11-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Ya ...I got the full game...my party is level 8 now. I don't use any NPCs, more exp and my lil party is doing fine. I must be close to ending itm cuz level 10 is cap.

WNxIthron Eldin
11-18-2003, 06:21 PM
Sweet!:
As an added bonus, Bioware is introducing the epic class levels in Hordes of the Underdark, which means you can theoretically reach up to level 40 in the game, although you'll most likely be around level 25 by the time you get through Underdark.

And:
In addition to a cornucopia of new high-level spells, casters will also enjoy a new creature of sorts -- a tiny Beholder-like familiar aptly named an Eyeball. He's a cute little guy, but he's also pretty handy in dispatching foes at higher levels. Expect over 50 new feats and a handful of new skills in the game as well, many which deal with crafting and creating items. New skills include craft armor and craft weapon, which is good for those of you not happy with store-bought goodies, and new feats include brew potion and scribe scroll.

But I think they under-estimated:
Overall, Hordes of the Underdark is going to be pretty long for an expansion pack, and should take somewhere between 20 to 30 hours to complete. If everything goes as planned, it should be out by the end of this year.

I would put the game at somewheres between 30 and 50 hours meself.

And someone here is going to have a field day with all the extra scripting functions. :grin:

Bounty Hunter
11-29-2003, 06:07 PM
I´m confused now. I´ve read few previews but I´m still not sure.
Will the max lvl be 30 or 40?
Will it have normal 20 lvls + 10 for new prestige class and + 10 epic lvls or will it have 20 normal (with whatever prestige class you choose) and then 10 more epic lvls?

Madd
11-29-2003, 09:23 PM
it is 40, and i know you can take 4 classes now too...

i think this might explain it...

wait....nevermind it makes no sense! we will just have to see, but the max is 40

WNxBeowulf
12-03-2003, 04:06 AM
Nope, Madd, Number of classes is still 3 and Bounty, you can exceed the prestige classes beyond 10, so you can build anything to lvl 40 (tested myself)

WNxSammer-X
12-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Actualy.. Prestige classes exceed level 20 too... :razz: