Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Scrolls? What scrolls? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Scrolls? What scrolls?

WNxSammer-X
11-06-2003, 06:40 AM
Hey peoples... Sammer-X here, the mage who has been getting his head blown off lately... I've been looking at the scrolls in the mage show and sadly. That's a very MEAGER amount of scrolls... Nothing there to really look forward to. MY idea is to put almost every scroll in. I know what your thinking. Mages will be to powerfull running around with way to many spells. Quite the contrary. By making level 9 spells 90k each level 8 spells 80k a peice 7 70k a peice and so on scrolls will be rather hard to come by. You wont be able to rely on them much. Just for wizards to buy to memorize if say a bioware bug screws your character like mine :-( :-x ... If you trying to level when it gets laggy sometimes two or 3 window will pop up for you to level your guy... This crashs your game. But here the catch. You still level up. you just dont get any hp and spells or any feats. So scrolls would come in handy for us mages who have lost our hands :P

Almuric
11-06-2003, 08:38 AM
Provide a suggested scroll list. We're not going to put every scroll in there for every spell, but we're open to some requests.

Also I'm moving this post to the suggestions forum.

WNxSammer-X
11-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Well... I am thinking spells like:
Wail
Wierd
Timestop
Premonition
Greater Stoneskin
Greater Dispell
Greater Spell Mantle
Issacs Greater Missle Storm
Bigsbies spells
Firebrand
Acid Shield (when it comes)
elemental shield
Fireball
Icestorm
Chain Lightning
Various team buffs (So you can convert your Wizard into a team buffer from a blaster)
Polymorph spells
Mords
Improved Invisibility
There will be more... But I am thinking just the essentials... And since your a Wizard with these you wont have EVERYTHING at your disposal at once to use because you must memorize spells. That way you couldnt be able to change at a moments notice on the battlefield to say ice storm from some other spell if that is what would be better at the time :razz:

Almuric
11-06-2003, 02:16 PM
ok...first take every 9th level spell off of that list. You have to use your own spell learning slots at level up for those. After that I'll look it over again. We have to have some limitations. :)

WNxSammer-X
11-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Limitations?!?!?! :sad: :-( . J/k... Ok... I will revise it... Gotta look through my handy spell guide...

Kraah
01-14-2004, 03:07 PM
I agree on not having 9th level scrolls. However a wizard's strength is having a large reportoire of spells, and without such a selection available, the Sorcerer is *clearly* a better choice for PvP. Here's a suggestion for scrolls.

Level One

Burning Hands
Color Spray
Endure Elements
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Negative Energy Ray
Shield
True Strike

Level Two

Bull's Strength
Cat's Grace
Combust
Darkness
Death Armor
Eagle's Splendor
Endurance
Flame Weapon
Fox's Cunning
Gedlee's Electric Loop
Ghostly Visage
Invisibility
Lesser Dispel
Melf's Acid Arrow
Owl's Wisdom
Resist Elements
See Invisibility
Ultravision

Level Three

Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
Dispel Magic
Displacement
Fireball
Flame Arrow
Greater Magic Weapon
Gust of Wind
Haste
Hold Person
Invisibility Sphere
Keen Edge
Lightning Bolt
Mestil's Acid Breath
Negative Energy Burst
Protection From Elements
Scintillating Sphere
Slow
Vampiric Touch

Level Four

Elemental Shield
Enervation
Ice Storm
Improved Invisibility
Isaac's Lesser Missile Storm
Lesser Spell Breach
Minor Globe of Invulnerability
Phantasmal Killer
Shadow Conjuration
Stoneskin
Wall of Fire

Level Five

Ball Lightning
Bigby's Interposing Hand
Cone of Cold
Dominate Person
Energy Buffer
Firebrand
Greater Shadow Conjuration
Hold Monster
Lesser Mind Blank
Lesser Spell Mantle
Mestil's Acid Sheath
Mind Fog

Level Six

Bigby's Forceful Hand
Chain Lightning
Circle of Death
Ethereal Visage
Flesh to Stone
Globe of Invulnerability
Greater Dispelling
Greater Spell Breach
Greater Stoneskin
Isaac's Greater Missile Storm
Mass Haste
Shades
Tenser's Transformation
True Seeing

Level Seven

Bigby's Grasping Hand
Delayed Blast Fireball
Finger of Death
Power Word, Stun
Prismatic Spray
Protection From Spells
Shadow Shield
Spell Mantle

Level Eight

Bigby's Clenched Fist
Blackstaff
Etherealness
Greater Sanctuary
Horrid Wilting
Incendiary Cloud
Mind Blank
Premonition

Almuric
01-14-2004, 05:51 PM
That's a pretty big list! Did you look at what scrolls are already in the mage store?

Kraah
01-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Admitedly the list is a little big, but what's in the stores is hardly anything. There's like 10 scrolls or something which is hardly enough. I've heard it being said that do to the lack of scrolls, a sorcerer is way better than a wizard on this server, and it certainly does look like it, since when I advance in level I can really feel the lack of a good spell selection. Also, at level 15 I almost have all the best equipment I can buy, including from the elite store (minus the spellbooks). There would be nice to have a wide selection scrolls, so as to have something to spend money on, *and* balance out the Sorcerer and Wizard classes.

Almuric
01-14-2004, 06:32 PM
I admit that the scroll selection is a little lacking. I'll be sure to get more scrolls in with the next update.

Kraah
01-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Perhaps add a scroll vendor with lots of scrolls to the elite store, but with outrageous prices?

Almuric
01-15-2004, 08:04 AM
That's not a bad idea. The vendor in the elite store could have level 7 and 8 spells. :)