Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
some things I have been thinking of [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : some things I have been thinking of

Silentblade
01-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Well as I have played the server off and on for the last 9 years, things have just gotten better and things have greatly improved. So here are some things that I thought of that would be nice to have to accommodate players:

1. A loot splitting chest- this is something that can be placed in daegard somewhere since that is usually the meeting spot for most party runs. It makes sense to have one instead of having to place the items on the ground it makes them easier to transfer to a chest.

2. Auto ID pedestal- for those times when you have a lot to ID and it would take forever to go through everything in your packs. it can be scripted to charge 100 gold to ID the items so people aren't IDing for free.

3. Bags of Holding- Me and others that game there believe that these should drop more often in more area's than just a few.

These are in no particular order of importance. It just came to mind that these things would be nice to have around. I will add more to this thread as I think of them.

WNxZero Devil
01-28-2010, 07:25 PM
either more bags of holding or at least a loot bank and retrieve system like Amia had

WNxCootie
01-28-2010, 09:33 PM
I like the idea of a Chest in town... thats nice! The Auto ID pedestal is also a very nice Idea!!!

Almuric
01-29-2010, 06:58 AM
The first two ideas I'll see about getting done. Bags of holding are an evil thing. They cause lots of server lag and I was actually told that we had way way too many of them. Let us get a server load of about 20 people and then ask Iblis to join and you'll see what I mean. It's not bad when the population is low, but if we manage to get some people the bags will have to be reduced.

Silentblade
01-29-2010, 10:17 AM
I just need it temp for the time being that I get a house, then I wont worry about bags at all.

and atm we haven't had 20+ people on.

Silentblade
01-29-2010, 10:18 AM
well the other two are better and more important to me.

Almuric
01-29-2010, 10:23 AM
there are decents backs for sale in the artisans quarter. go buy some there.

WNxCootie
01-29-2010, 10:25 AM
I have about 4 bags on me that I do not really use... catch me in-game tonight and I will give you a couple. I use then for organizing, cause I have OCD. LOL!!!

Otherwise I know I carry 4 of them and I do not really use them, unless looting a bunch and I get encumbered. Otherwise I do not need them really, and would not mind giving as a donation.

WNxZero Devil
01-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Look into the loot bank systems on several servers. They are quite interesting. I do see Al's point; however, I have never seen 20 people on this server, nor believe I ever will

Also: is the xp bank a thing of the past forever now? or are there plans to utilize that again

Silentblade
01-30-2010, 04:02 AM
One thing that I thought of tonight while in the Stealth Bandit temple, all those chests are locked, instead of forcing people to either take rogue, have a rogue in party, or bash the chest, why not for those that have non-rogue builds for a few area's have a str check on the chests, set them as unbreakable by bashing. That way if your a non rogue instead of destroying the chests, which should be set to respawining loot, which forces a server reset, there could be a script that would do a class check, find out your non rogue then run a str check, if it passes then the chest will open for that character. I would like to see it implemented everywhere there is a locked chest, that would make for less server resets.

WNxZero Devil
01-30-2010, 11:44 PM
holy jesus...please put some loot in the trogs and the areas i made...that was absolutely the most fruitless trip ever. We made it all the way to the end with nothing to show except a few potions that do nothing for characters in the level range for that area. I made plenty of places on my areas for some sort of pay off. I think that cure fatal wound potions for a level 20+ characters is total weaksauce. I am disappointed in that trip. I mean that dragon better pay off super holy asscake loot or that whole trip is for nothing more than average to mid experience.

Silentblade
01-31-2010, 02:25 AM
He means Cure Mortal wounds.

WNxCootie
01-31-2010, 06:39 AM
I agree with the Trogs Loot update... I was there the other night too solo, and they do not srop anything at all.