Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Where is everyone? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

Genocide
10-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Server has been empty for the past 2 days. I stayed there for over 20 mins ..until 6 pm. Nothing...no one.

Bounty Hunter
10-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Exactly, where is everyone?

Yesterday I was on 5 times and waited for maybe 5 minutes every time hoping that someone would come but nothing.
Today I had some things to do so I didn´t have time.

Few days ago there was only Geno on the server. I joined too and few mintues later we had 8 players on. Other playes will not join if there is 0 players on. At least we regulars could help by sitting and waiting. I know that it is boring but once players join it will be fun.
I go to EB and it has 0 players then I go to NS north and see at least 2 or 3 WN players there. Why is that? I know that NS is fun for some but Al can you get at least WN to help EB in the start?

Madd
10-24-2003, 08:44 PM
as you too both know, NWN has a heart of PvM...and we are getting a bunch of new peoples who don't know mucha bout the game...we should give em a lil bit of time before we destroy them

On Two side notes that i think both of you would like to here

1) Bogo is back playin NWN, he is gettin SoU soon...but can play on NS3 right now

2) Snork is official getting the game...so his buddies will be playin soon(i mean the texas group i believe they were caleed)

Bounty Hunter
10-25-2003, 05:06 AM
I know about Bogo and NWN again and I'm happy that he is back. I play on NS too but I still spend my main time on EB. I didn't mean the new member like Pumpkin but the old members that were still members while I was in WN. Few of them started on EB but now I see them only on NS. I don't need to write names.

And why do we care about Snork. He was talking since he joined LG that he will get SOU but I still don´t see it happening. Most of the texas gang don´t play any more.

Almuric
10-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Sorry guys about not being on. Ive been putting my computer together for the past 2 days. I'm getting NWN patched and ready to go right now. As far as the WN members go, I'll make a post right after I update the mod. Something about the final version and I need help testing. Madd is right though, most of the current members of WN are PvM players. We never really recruited PvP players. Let me work on the update for a few hours and when its ready I'll put it up and make the post.

Almuric
10-25-2003, 08:19 AM
OK, part of the problem may be that the server isnt showing up in the Arena list. Is anyone else not seeing it? Server is up.

Genocide
10-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Well I'm in the server now..on a Saturday morning...its 10 am. Been here for a bit now. Still empty. WTF?? Haven't seen a soul on this server since Wednesday maybe. I'll stay idle another 10 mins then I dunno.

Almuric
10-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Server was set to not advertise. I dont know how in the hell that happened, I checked the ini file and it was supposed to. So I restarted it and its listed now.

Bounty Hunter
10-25-2003, 03:39 PM
I was on today around 17.00 my time. Waited 15 min and none showed up.
Really sad. It is a great mod. We need to get players to play it somehow. I have posted links and info on few sites that I had urls to when I worked as Ambassador for WN but it looks like it didn´t help at all.

And about WN players. While they were able to exploit party exp bug they were on all the time. But when they had to use skill to get exp they stoped playing on EB. None PVP players that never visited EB are totally diffrent thing. But the prob is not only with WN players. We need many more clan and non clan members to play and have fun with us.

Genocide
10-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Pretty dismal for a Saturday crowd...heh what crowd??

Only time we get decent numbers is because Bastions of War or Gods Team Arena is full. The guys that started playing the mod early on got run off by cheesy and abusive magic users. You can thank a 18th level Sorcerer that STILL casts phanstasmal killer even though he has better spells and a certain juvenile mage played with the last name of Saggins.

Players don't want to stay anywhere where they get abused, certainly not ones that are new to PvP either. I'm sitting on the server alone as I type this, with absolutely no fear anyone will kill me while on this website. I know changes were installed to improve balance but I fear that the timing was too slow.

Almuric's clan won't play there because they don't have the skillset for play vs player combat as a whole (only a couple individuals do) They play some outdated mod now right?

BBC has a loyal following on their own home server.

Mebbe move the server to ACTION?

Find better ways to advertise? I agree too good of a mod to not have players

Almuric
10-26-2003, 10:08 AM
If you guys can think of a way to get people here then please post it. Move it to "Action" no big deal, change the player start level? Easily done. Nerf some spells? Name the spell, your solution, and why.

Bounty Hunter
10-26-2003, 10:31 AM
I was with Geno on EB last night. Rogue vs archer most of the time. Players that did join spend 20 min lvling and equiping the char and then died once and left the server. So problem was not some spell or starting lvl but player skill and will to improve.
But the spell that MUST get fixed is duration of the hand. It last too long.

WNxIthron Eldin
10-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Sorry I havent been around much lately. I have been really busy setting up a business and trying to advertise it. A website. Supplies. And working overtime so I can pay for all of it. I havent touched many games except CS or UT2k3 where I can pop in and pop right out. Sorry to hear that it is slowing down. I know that as a new mod comes out it takes awhile to get people coming in. A friend of mine told me when he started his new business his first year he only had 7 customers. So I look at it that way. Anyway I should pop in just to pop in and I'm sorry I havent. I will have to put that on my priority list for this weekend.

Genocide
10-26-2003, 11:29 PM
Just spent another 1 1/2 hours making scripting changes. Hope all this work wasn't for nothing.

Tana Bennesen
10-28-2003, 12:57 PM
i have to agree, however i'm almost as cruel as any mage with my pally as far as indestructabilitie goes... only a mage using bigbies cheese hand or a pally equally as powerful as me has a chance. i think the server was overall more balanced before levels hit 17+.. start everyone out at like 7 i think and lower exp from killing.

Almuric
10-28-2003, 01:32 PM
The new starting level will be 8. That will be going into effect VERY SOON since it looks like we have almost all the bugs worked out.

Bounty Hunter
10-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Lvl 8 as starting lvl is good cause it will stop early PK killings by mages. But keep the exp as it is. There are not enough players to lower exp for now. And you have fixed it anyway. When you kill a lower lvl exp is not that good but when you kill a higher lvl exp is good.

Genocide
10-28-2003, 05:05 PM
I still wanna know why the player count is low. I still want to know why people make a char, it dies and they quit. I want to know are we missing some key ingrediant to success?

Bounty Hunter
10-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Low skill is making players come and quit after one try. Mostly players that are new to PvP come and try EB. They see a not populated server and come to see what PvP is about. They get slaughtered since they don´t know how to make nice PvP build and they leave. And at the same tme those that are good at PvP go to some more populated server. With not balanced teams or chars one side alweyes win while other side alweys lose. That is not fun in a long run. We need more experienced player but how we will get them I have no idea.
Just how I see population problem on EB.

Genocide
10-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Server was running nicely...filling up nicely too...almost had every team with 4 on it...until a certain mage casted the exact same spell over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. He ruined the fun for many and they left the server in droves.

Genocide
10-31-2003, 05:50 PM
Hmm ...no players on a Friday night....don't EVEN say, "oh its Halloween night that's why no one is on."

Bastions of War - MAX players
GODS Arena - Max players
Basement Brawl - almost max

- dont tell me we got lil kids that play on EB that are out trick or treating

Silentblade
11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
I should be getting on here soon. I logged in once and had to do some other things. I really want to get into the PvP thing cause I have got enough training in PvM. It's a whole diffrent ball game when your fighting against an real person. Any help on builds would be nice.

Genocide
11-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Ya know... getting a few players here an there is cool but not really. We need freakin KILLERS. Not fodder. I login when no one is on and roll up characters for each team to help with team numbers. No matter what I make...no matter what class. These players get killed by it...I even give some of em a chance....2 on 1 sometimes and I still somehow kill them both. With a non-magic user too. I even try to help people with strategy to KILL me. I'm at the end of my rope here. I don't wish to work on or improve the module anymore....why...no reason to do so...no one is playing the CURRENT version. I already feel a little like the 100+ hours I put into the mod is my time being wasted. Sure I learned some stuff about coding, and sure some people have enjoyed it, but I could have put the time into a Single player module and at least count the downloads.

Last night I saw a guy make like 8 characters to attempt to kill the same one I was using the entire time, instead of him trying to find ways to use the one he had in the first place. He spent 20 mins or more making a character, I kill it, he quits and starts a new one. No no..not refining the previous one, but a whole NEW class structure. To try to help to mod gain more players, my dumbass waited there until he finally exhausted his class combos and quit for good, haven't seen him since.

I don't even see Bounty loggin that much time anymore. I'm tired....really guys..I'm tired of fighting Almuric with the many characters he and I both have every day until someone shows...or worse...after we login, they all leave and its just us two left. EVEN worse, the characters we play with are brand new on the same level as the others there. He kills me I kill him...gets old more than fast.

If stuff don't change soon, I'll just hang out until Hordes is released. I'm wasting my time playing more than the players do. I really wish I could just login as DM and watch...and late at night when the crowd is low become a player.

I don't what to tell you. You tried team size, you gave them more levels, now ure thinking about putting monsters into a PvP module. Players don't want balance. They want the ability to be able to kill another player..or scores of players over and over without dying. There is not ALMIGHTY powerful character than cannot be killed by another, somewhere along the way...someplace they played, they "owned" and cannot seem to get the same success on EB, so they leave. Give em 500000 gold, so they can totally outfit every slot at startup. Give em levels to 15..then we can sit and wait 45 mins for them to make new characters cuz the old one they JUST made died just once.

I dunno man, I'm too frustrated to say anything positive about the current crop of inhabitants of EB. We just don't have enough players there now...or these scrubs wouldn't bother me so much, they would be in the background with 6-7 players on a team and no one would care what happened to them.

WNxIthron Eldin
11-22-2003, 05:45 AM
Yah I can see how you are feeling. EB has a much more customized setting to it but people do not see it. THey just want to get to max lvl and kill. The servers that let you get to lvl 20 right a way are definately a long wait to get fighting. They don't want to build a char then fight with it and then tweak it and see what happens next. THey just get upset and leave. Or they start a new ne and you are sitting there waiting. No biggee as far as waiting, but this takes time. I got on last night and waited for whatsisname to create a char then we fought some battles and he was saying his build was working. When I killed him he had to change a few things so I waited and we fought some more, then you and Al showed up and I had to leave. If my hours of ops werent so screwed up I would be there more but I have to just jump on when I can. Look at the time I am writing this. 6:30AM! ANd I have already been on for a couple of hours working on websites. I think that it is all about the time factor. I get on when I can and so does everyone else. It's just some people are more patient than others. PvP is a trial and error game. When you have something that works you stick with it then try a different char build and see what happens. Most people I guess are just impatient, or, they do not have the time to trial and error. And remember EB has only been out there for a short time and I have seen alot of fresh people coming in. Just not many staying or returning. As far as Al has raised the roof on EB, I think it should stay where it is at. I thought more gold would be nice for cetain classses to take advantage of armor, but the extra levels are nice. Anything more would make it too easy.

This is PvP and maybe most people are too much in a hurry.

WNxDeridex
11-22-2003, 06:44 AM
I was on for a short time yesterday, but then i had to leave as RL stuff came up, i was on in the week when bodom and TFK_Ishamael, was on and had a good time ISH gave me a few tips to help me ( as we all know i suck at pvp ) so i will be on again this weekend as long as nothing in RL pops up.

Bounty Hunter
11-22-2003, 11:18 AM
I have time. More then enough. But I haven´t logged on EB in 7 days now. And I wrote that I woulnd´t. Why? I´m tired of noob whining. I´m tired of being afraid to lvl. I´m tired of playing a lot and then be forced to make a low char cause others are making tons of them and never lvl.
No need to talk about EB is great. I'm telling everyone I meet how great it is but it is not helping. Why? Cause of noobs that don´t want to try. No offence to anyone.
EB have the worst PVP players of all PVP mods. And it is the best PVP mod. And what do I mean with noob? Not the player that joing PVP for the first time. Not a player that have played few times but is not good at it. But the player that is making new char as soon as he get killed. Over and over again.
I kill someone with my test build. And he leave or go and make another char. What would happen if I joined with my rogue (that was lvl 11 before the raise in start lvl). I stoped having fun on EB. I would fight Al, or Geno or Sammer 1 on 1 all the time. I kill sometimes and they kill sometimes. But after 10-15 minutes both get tired.
Ithron it have nothing with times to do. There is almost never players on EB. I see 2-3 players on. But I will not join. I will end up fighting Geno or Al or chase away players. I have spend soooooo much time baby sitting the server and being the only one (or with Geno) waiting for player to come. Those that did come left soon after to make new chars or never came back.
Now I play on Realms of Trinity Delta. It is a NS twin server but at least have new areas. I have played there alone since I joined. Never got any party help. It is gear based server like NS ans my gear suck. It is all I hate on server. And I die a lot but right now still have more fun then on EB. No whining and I can do what I want.
If you guys need help and I can help in any way just say. You know that I will be there. But don´t expect me to join the server with 2-3 players on that will leave as soon as they die. I didn´t even level up my other chars to 12 sine the new mod got up. Didn´t see any need for it. No matter what day or time EB is alweys low on players. And it is a shame. It is a BEST mod out here.

Genocide
11-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Even Sammer is starting to login less and less there.

Hey Mr. server admin. Goto NWVault and advertise the mod there. Put it up as a new module but no link for downloading. Make sure you give IP and web address. AND you can advertise it in the Persistant world section too.

NWvault is probably visited more than bioware by NWN gamers.

I've checked the server 4x today with only seeing one player besides me there.

Oh well, I just got a hold of Knights of the Old Republic, that ought to keep me busy for a little under a week.

I do have one idea about advertising the server. Search for NWN guilds or clans and join every one of their forums and place an AD on everyone.

Thats where your elite combat peeps are, try that.
back to the Star Wars Universe for me.

Narf[LB]
11-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Somehow, in Geno's speech, I saw a reference to me :P... but anyway, no, that's not why I don't play there. I don't play there because I don't have the same time to invest into gaming... and with the little time I have, I want to get the most out of it... and lvling and buffing on a PvP server in order to fight with my none or possible one partner against one or two enemies isn't the most productive use of that time.

Btw Geno, I beat it in 3 days, I did almost all of the sidequests too... this is also with the addition of school, homework, marching band, and private lessons...

Hannibal
11-22-2003, 11:21 PM
The trials and tribulations of mod making guys. You should be seeing a lot more people coming in as the server population in Gods has dropped. Which should be a god send to you guys, especially seeing as I'm debating whether I"m going to keep mod making or give it up. I have several fixes for v5 coming to bring the population back and I know they are waiting for it, but after a year and a half of working on a mod, I think I'm tired of it. Like I said, I'm not sure yet, but it's heavy on my mind to give it up and pass the torch on to someone that wants to keep Gods alive. If you get any of the Gods regulars on your server, treat them well ;)

Almuric
11-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Well Hannibal we had a good crowd the first 2 weeks or so that the mod was up and even had alot of the GODS regulars stop in to take a look and game a little. However, we had a little period of too much death magic and instadeath and all the players left. I've noticed slight decline in players on your server, but they havent really come here.

BTW, on a side note.....where is Pez? I was looking for him and cant seem to find him.

WNxSammer-X
11-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Only reason I haven't been playing EB as much is because WN just found a new PvM server and I have to play there... On EB the only WN regulars that I see are Almuric... The rest are either new comers or former WNers lol. So I have to play on this server we found if I wanna play with WN. But whenever I SEE people playing there I log on but sadly. They lose interest in dieing because most of them just remake there guy so many times.... Not trying to find a good build for a certain class but because they think that class is unbalanced or something because other people are winning in fair 1vs1 FAIR fights. As for death magic. I have to admit. I was a spammer of it at first. Now I dont even have PK memorized. And best of all. I'm still winning :shock: . People think that all mages here rely on it... Not true. If I see any of you on EB today I'll be sure to log on... I'm thinkin of making a battle cleric so I can end lives almost as quick as death magic :insta:

Hannibal
11-23-2003, 09:54 AM
Find it odd you would out of the blue ask about Pez, so I'm guessing he has contacted you or something. Which is fine. Pez was busted cheating in Gods Arena by Equinox, he then lied to Eq about it and was being evasive about the whole situation. Then after that he joined another clan and deleted his account for KoC, which is breech of our Code of Ethics and he wasn't willing to compromise. Breech of CoE is multiclanning :) So that's it in a nutshell, cheating, lieing, multiclanning etc etc. is why I kicked him out.

Almuric
11-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Whoa, sorry Han. I had no idea. He hadnt contacted me or anything. Pez was the player that I talked to the most while v4 Remix was running. I had just noticed that he wasnt around and thought I would ask. That is an unfortunate situation and I know I would have done the same if someone over at WN had acted that way.

Hannibal
11-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Thanks Almuric, didn't mean to seem harsh towards yah, if that is how it came across. It was just a very touchy situation and some things have been found out blah blah blah, one word to sum it up, inmaturity on his part ;)

Genocide
12-01-2003, 04:25 PM
I guess the server is a bust eh? No one is ever on it. I even take a break from other games I play to check on it.
I took a break for over a week and nothing has changed. Even looked at the server during the Thanksgiving break when students are out of school and still no players.

ElementalBattlegrounds 0/46

Its the same everytime I run NWN. A damn shame that I put all that work into it and no one...I mean NO one plays there. I'm sitting idle on the server right now and I check to see if anyone has logged in every five mins or so......oh well. Tell me am I wasting my time? If you can seriously tell me why I should continue to login and sit there for an hour at a stretch and see not a soul online cept myself, please do.

Should have listened to me in the beginning and changed the spells or abilities that ran people off in the server's infancy. It ultimately lead to the state the server is in now. Changes were made...yes...made too slowly...yes. Any future work on the server by me is really in question now, seeing how all the time I did put into it was almost for nothing. Shouts go out to the people that did try to support it.

Talk about a sour taste left in your mouth.

Almuric
12-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Personally I was taking a break from PvP. Hordes is coming out tomorrow and I plan on updating the server quickly. Then I'll be spending some time here as I was before.

Bounty Hunter
12-02-2003, 08:08 AM
I can tell you Geno that right now you are wasting your time.
I play NWN every day but every day EB is empty. It will not help if nyone sitt idle there or not. Team PVP is not 2 guys fighting.
We that did play EB active are not mostly playing on Trinity.
Almuric have some plans for when HoU comes out but EB have been rememberd as spell exploiting server so I don´tknow if it will help at all.
Sweden say they will have HoU on friday so I hope they will. I will be there to try and help again but I don´t see what we can do.

WNxIthron Eldin
12-02-2003, 08:43 AM
If anything it was a great idea and It should have taken off bigtime.

I am seeing what you are seeing noone there, checking every so often when I get on and noone there. I see alot of us tho at Trinity.

What can I say except maybe to advertise it as a challenge to all clans and set up a ranking system that creates a stature in PvP gaming. There is no PvP mod out there that matches up to EB and even tho it is so new I don't think everyone really know about it or notices it in the server listings.

Maybe changing the name to: Elemental Battlegrounds Clan Rank PvP?

WNxDeridex
12-02-2003, 01:29 PM
I understand what people are saying as i look see that theres no-one on and head for trinity, i have sometimes ( not many ) logged on walked around for a bit to see if anyone would come on, when they havnt i've logged and headed elsewhere, maybe with HotU out now ( for some friday for me ) it can be touched up a bit, theres nothing wrong with the server now as when i've been on and playing i've enjoyed my time there, maybe we should all have a day where its the only server that we go on, with some numbers on the server it might help attract people onto it, as in they see it and go "oooh a lot of people on there lets see what its like" kinda thing, maybe i'm just rambling on here, but its a great server and i hate to see it go to waste.