Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
New Subraces? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : New Subraces?

Almuric
09-08-2009, 07:46 AM
I recently got a list of requested subraces. I'm going to post them here for comment. I have not modified these at all, this is exactly what I was given:

Dwarf

Azer-appearance change
+2 str -1 con
25% weakness: cold
50% immunity fire
Free feat: Power attack

Artic Dwarf
+1 str +1 wis -2 int
25%weakness fire
50%immunity cold
Free feat: amberdexterity

Elf

Sun elf
+1 con -2 Cha
Free feat: Weapon focus: exotic

Moon elf
+2 str -1 con -1dex
Free feat: skill focus discipline
Free feat: cleave

Human

Shoalin
+1 wis +1 dex -1 con -1 cha
Free feat: skill focus discipline
Free feat: Improved critical Unarmed

First Born
+2 cha -2 str
Free feat: empower spell

Halfling

Ghostwise
+1 dex -1 con -1 wis -1 str
Skill bonus: Hide +5
Skill bonus: move silent +5

Stout
+1 STR +1 CON -1 dex
Free feat: toughness

Gnome

Siren
+2 cha -1 dex -1 con
Free feat: skill focus perform
Free feat: extra music

Crazed
+2 str -3 dex
Free feat: damage reduction 1

Half-Orc:

Half Giant-Appearance Change
+2 str +1 con -2 wis
Free feat toughness

True Orc- appearance change
+1 str +1 con -2 cha
Free feat: knockdown

Mescalino
09-08-2009, 11:54 AM
i might be of but i thought crazed was orc but don't quote me on that.

I would really like to see some +2 stat races as they would either give a DC or AB or AC or ...

These one are good as specially the few that change appearance. This and crafting may be a big attractive thing for new players.

You may want to check here:
http://highergroundpoa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=info&action=display&thread=6671

These are all the subraces that HG uses. I know 90% is probably to overpowered for daegard but might give a few ideas.

I think an atomie and fallen angel with some tweaks would make a great secret race.

There isn't a "real" cleric race, Fallen Angel could fill that "gap".

"Fallen Angel" (secret UltraRare; adds wings)
- FCs: Base Race, Cleric
- WIS +5, CHA +2, +10 heal, free feat: Divine Might, free feat: Divine Shield, able to walk on quicksand, speaks Celestial

Would be: Wis +2, Cha +1, +5 Heal, Divine shield (adds angel wings) (if you want to give out a neg -1 to dex)

Almuric
09-08-2009, 01:02 PM
One thing any new subrace is going to need is an adequate description. If we can come up with good subraces with descriptions of the race and where it fits into this world then I'm all for the addition.

Laq
09-08-2009, 01:11 PM
well those are my subraces i sent :P Crazed could be orc.. I didnt pull from any books.. However if we want to stick to forgotten realms I can look up those races and descriptions no problem.

Almuric
09-08-2009, 02:50 PM
we use greyhawk, not FR.

Laq
09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
ok well ill do some greyhawk browsing when i get bored of playing :P

Almuric
09-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I tried looking through some greyhawk stuff yesterday. I knew that I'd already implemented the obvious ones.

Mescalino
09-15-2009, 07:27 AM
"Atomie" (secret race)
- DEX +2, WIS -2, INT +1, +5 pick pocket, increased base movement rate 20% (as if it had lvl 6 monkspeed)
- Adds faerie wings (maybe with a 1 use token to open a convo for color of wings)

DESCRIPTION:
Also known as pixies or faeries, the Atomy race resides primarily on Raji but is rarely seen there. On Raji, Atomies serve Titania of the Seelie Court. They are her eyes and ears to the goings on of the Retroverse, providing a steady stream of information on all that occurs which concerns the fey. Often chided as bugs and insignificant beings because of their diminutive stature, the Atomies know better. They are the greatest weapon in a war of backstabbing and plotting, serving as the Seelie Court's first line of defense against the depredations of the Unseelie.

Almuric
09-15-2009, 08:08 AM
That's not a bad start. :)

Mescalino
09-15-2009, 08:25 AM
As a tip you might want to copy the race information on a special noteboard in Limbo this will make it easier for new players to see what we have.
(but i guess this can be part of making the limbo dude more usefull as in better convo which you allready mentioned earlier... somewhere)

Almuric
09-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Limbo conversation was already updated. Putting race descriptions in Limbo doesnt serve alot of purpose. By the time you're there you've already made the character.

Mescalino
09-15-2009, 02:15 PM
yes but i think you hope people will make more then one character.

As for the limbo guy, sorry didnt kow that i never talk to him :P

Almuric
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
have a talk, he's much better now.

Mescalino
09-15-2009, 04:34 PM
What do you think of brownies?

Brownie:
The smallest intelligent race of all of Caelereth, Brownies average about half a fore in height. Their skin comes in all the shades of tree bark, with matching hair and eyes. They are strong for their size, energetic, and agile, with a tendency to be mischievous. Redbark Brownies (all female) have an innate potential to become adept at Life Magic (a form of Xeuá magic).

Stats: +4 Dex, Feats Toughness Then change appearance. Though if you implement it like this you may want to make it verry rare as in 1% chance of Orcus to drop it. (or less)

Almuric
09-16-2009, 06:30 AM
I dont know how well a Brownie walking through the middle of town is gonna work out.

Mescalino
09-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I think if done properly it will open up some rp points.

I think a race like brownie would do much better then say a maelphant or a Salamander. And a brownie also give an appearance change, people love that.

Restrict the brownies to males that should eliminate the female magic thing. Or have females different stats like 2 dex and 2 wis with cleric as favored class.

Almuric
09-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Ok, I'm open to it being a secret race or maybe a DM reward race for good RP.