Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
A nice utility [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : A nice utility

Silentblade
09-18-2008, 08:16 AM
I found something in the last couple days you guys may not know about, if you do you should use it :)

After reinstalling my OS yesturday I went looking for a utility to make myself a updated windows install cd.

After doing some checking around I found this site: Link (http://www.anewmorning.com/2008/01/30/how-to-create-the-ultimate-windows-xp-installation-cddvd/)

In the article they use nLITE this utility will integrate service packs, drivers, hot fixes, updates, and some software into a fully updated install disc.

I'm finishing up mine right now and will try installing it on virtual pc to see how it runs.

I just like the fact that I can have a service pack 3 windows install disc, could care less about everything else but installing the drivers and updates is also very handy.

Almuric
09-18-2008, 09:16 AM
I've never tried to get all the patches after a service pack before and that could be nice. For slipstreaming service packs you can just follow this tutorial -
http://neosmart.net/blog/2007/windows-server-2003-service-pack-2-released/
just follow the instructions but substitute xp and sp3 everywhere it mentions 2003server and sp2.

Silentblade
09-18-2008, 01:08 PM
True but this does everything for you, including your drivers, and web browsers. Mine is set up with IE7 and Firefox.

Almuric
09-22-2008, 07:55 AM
downloading it to give it a try.

Silentblade
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
I haven't tested the disc I made just yet on Virtual PC will have to get that done here soon to make sure it worked :)

Almuric
09-24-2008, 01:12 AM
I actually used the utility yesterday at work to slipstream some nVidia SATA drivers into a 2003 server disk. Worked perfectly. Great post man!

Silentblade
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I actually used the utility yesterday at work to slipstream some nVidia SATA drivers into a 2003 server disk. Worked perfectly. Great post man!

Awesome....it is a great utility for any occasion I think. for home users, IT pros, anyone really.

Glad you liked it.