Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Daegard RP Event: The price of knowledge [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Daegard RP Event: The price of knowledge

WNxRune
08-23-2008, 01:04 AM
The name of our enemy
With Bandor barricaded the undead have not spread their specific influence, but if ever that barricade fails, Daegard itself will be flooded with endless suffering for years to come, by an unknown being that controls them.

Just a few days ago the Bandor barricade was breached for a few moments, but the Daegard soldiers resealed it. Scouts have reported a few undead passed by, few enough not to need an undead hunting party to be sent out, specially since they need the extra men to resecure the breach. What they don't know is that one of them is a priest that raises the dead to fight for their cause. In the meantime a group of people found themselves in Archill just moments before the Archill siege begins. Their decision in the upcoming siege will deem if everyone in Archill will live, or be raised as undead soldiers.

The search for the name of nothing
Archill was besieged by undead, lead by an unknown Cult Member. After securing the town and gathering soldiers, adventurers set out to protect the town, either for riches or for honor. Wave after wave they resisted the undead siege, until no more. They were near death and the battle nearly lost, but Archill was spared a dark fate by adventurers who were close to the dark sleep themselves. Daegard soldiers broke the back of the enemy and routed the undead, coming just in time to save the adventurers from death. In the end, the mysterious cult member said a name, Tharizdun.
Now that they saved the town of Archill, they must search for the meaning behind that name, a name nearly forgotten by time and, some say, by the will of the Gods themselves.

Story:
The price of knowledge
The small group of would-be heroes set out to find all they can about Tharizdun. An elf in Daegard could help them, but only if they rescued his sister, abducted by a dwarf headed to Hillview. In their trip they encountered a dwarven lieutenant, one thought lost in the Archill battle, now turn mad and twisted by a dark force. After the encounter and ensuing battle, the dwarven lieutenant fled the area, and the group brought the elf's sister back. They learned that Tharizdun is planning to escape his prison, created by all the gods in fear of him. Before the group could learn anything else, the elven sister went mad, killed her brother, and ended her life. Thus the group lost another lead into whatever the enemy was planning ahead. They returned to Archill, to a sergeant that was fighting not only the undead enemy, but also the madness thats starting to fall on his men, only to bring him even worse news.

Everyone is turning up mad and dying. The sergeant sent out scouts around Daegard, in hope of spotting his past brother-in-arms who fell to darkness. The group awaits orders in Archill, hopefully a lead into whatever madness is claiming the land. In the meantime, something is happening in Bandor. The men at the border feel something is approaching.

Date:
To be held Sunday 24th.

Time:
Pacific Time: 11:00AM
Eastern Time: 2:00PM
Western Europe Time: 7:00PM

Comment:
Same rules as the other events are applied.

I will not need help in this event, but it is possible, or at least it will make it easier, for the next event to have a second DM. Not to talk or anything, but I will need someone to control an NPC and summon mobs at the same time I'm doing it. You will understand when the next event unfolds. Hint: If Zero gets his fat dwarf ass in the next event as a DM I can use his demon. but thats for the Sunday 31st event.

Same characters. I will level you and gear you up if needed.

Reward is always the same, a big dragon eating you... I mean gold, xp, etc.

Sorry I announced it just a day before, but one, you should already know the date and time since were not changing them, and two, I said I would give it, so there.