Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Are you running a Quad Core CPU? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Are you running a Quad Core CPU?

Bushwacker
05-30-2008, 08:53 AM
If so you might find this interesting. Even if your not you may still like it as I did.
Check it out. (http://www.guru3d.com/article/cpu-scaling-in-games-with-quad-core-processors/)

Almuric
05-30-2008, 10:13 AM
VERY good article. What I read there pretty much seals the deal that I'm gonna get me an E8400 for my next processor.

Bushwacker
05-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Thats exactly what I did. The performance vs cost and everything else just seemed to be the right thing. Also the E8400 is so OC friendly if you were to chose to do so. I have mine running at 3.8GHz @ about 33c and is stable not one problem. I had it up to 4.5Gz but it sometimes gave me a problem in games. Not really sure if it was the CPU or something else, but I went ahead and back it down anyway. DDR3 mem is still pretty spendy but I found GSkill memory for under $200 dollars for 2Gigs and it's rated at 1.65v which is ideal. You don't want to go over 1.65 anyway. Above 1.65 causes intermittent issues, with memory and other things. Even on the highest end mobo's like Asus, EVGA, MSI, Abit and so on. Check them out.