Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Bigby's Hand [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Bigby's Hand

wnxskorpion
10-18-2003, 10:37 PM
This spell was totally pissing me off today. Geno can testify, this one guy, Dildo Saggins I believe his name was, would spam this spell hardcore, reminded me of Meroibo with his PK spam. Geno said that the save for the spell is Fortitude, but my build had 21 fortitude, so the requirement to counter the spell must be uber. Basically what this guy would do is cast time stop to keep you from moving, then Bigby's to keep you in one place once time stop wore off, then he would cast missle storm. Not a bad strat, but I think the save should be lessened.

Also, someone reported some kind of bug dealing with timestop...not sure on all the details to this one though...

Bounty Hunter
10-19-2003, 09:01 AM
Al was casting timestop followed with bigbbies last night too but it didn´t help every time. Few times he got us all down but most of the times one of us got away and killed him. Bigbby does last long but from a mage lvl 17 you must expect a spell or two that will hold you long in place.
Best advice is don´t let him cast it. Sneak up and knock him down.

Genocide
10-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Exactly....people are forgetting that these spells are lasting longer cuz of the level of the person casting it. It is a bit long though. I had someone on the ground so long I used every offensive spell I had on his teammates. Maybe duration needs to be shortened just a tad. I wanna balance the game too, but more an more, looks like hte exotic classes are overpowering the rest. Mages aren't the thing to cry about. Try paladin cleric monks with ab way higher than a pure fighter and AC to boot.

Almuric
10-20-2003, 09:49 AM
I just want everyone to remember that if we ruin all the spells then mages will have no power and they will all leave.

Neverwinter Nights was designed for player vs. monster combat. It's difficult to get it properly working with complete balance in PvP.

Tana Bennesen
10-22-2003, 01:53 PM
well, i've played iwth that spell some. and the save is not an issue for me. however th damage from the level 8 and 9 one is. it's not resistable, make your save and it still gets you. and it's alot, especially when they stack it. cast TS and those two spells and no matter if you live or die, that person you cast on is dead. i think the damage needs to be added to the save, so that if you make your save (and you have to make this save every round) then you take no damage. or somthing to that extent, atm, bigbies are too powerful