Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
I really have lost my mind!!! [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : I really have lost my mind!!!

Bushwacker
04-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Been looking at swapping over from Liquid Cooling to Phase Change cooling.
Been reading up on it quite a bit. It's a lot safer than it used to be and stable.
However the price is pretty extreme. To give you an idea of what I'm talking about
go HERE (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7324/ex-vap-16/Cooler_Express_2008_Design_Super_Dual_Evaporators_ CPU_Cooling_Unit_-_All_Sockets_478_754_775_939_940_AM2_Xeon.html?tl= g41)and read a bit.

Silentblade
04-23-2008, 11:29 AM
All I can say is WOW. That is way awesome but comes with a hefty price tag.

Almuric
04-23-2008, 11:32 AM
so what does it use for cooling? freezing water? liquid nitrogen?

Bushwacker
04-23-2008, 12:09 PM
It works the same as the fridge in your kitchen just on a smaller scale. Pretty cool stuff man.
I would love to run my cpu at 5 + GHz and still keep the life of it, but the cost it is outrages.
You know I'm a geek about this stuff, but right now theres no way I'm forking out that kind of money.

Something to keep in mind if your wondering how you could run a CPU at such a high speed without over heating.

Evaporator Quantity: 2 Evaporators (2 CPU) Only need one for CPU the other would go on Northbridge. Or I suppose you could attach it to a single GPU and OC the piss out of it too.:charge:

Evaporator Temperature:
-46 ~ -52°C
-51 ~ -62°F
Refrigerant: R507

Bushwacker
04-23-2008, 12:15 PM
How does it work?

The Cooler Express Unit uses Phase-Change technology or Vapor Compression Refrigeration to achieve freezing temperatures. The main components include the Evaporator (Copper Cold Plate), Compressor, and Condenser. Heat from the CPU causes liquid refrigerant in the system to be evaporated and carried away to the Condenser via the Compressor. The Condenser then cools the refrigerant back to a liquid which returns to the Evaporator.

Almuric
04-23-2008, 12:25 PM
OK, same kind of setup as what you use in your car AC unit.

Silentblade
04-23-2008, 05:28 PM
that is outrageous, I don't even have water cooling because I have never OC'd anything. To expensive for me.

Bushwacker
04-23-2008, 08:12 PM
that is outrageous, I don't even have water cooling because I have never OC'd anything. To expensive for me.

Your right about it being outrageous. On the other hand heres something for you to consider. Over clocking your cpu can allow you to run it a bit longer without having to buy a new faster one. All just by keeping it running cool. Going to a liquid cooling system isn't just for over clocker’s. It will prolong the life of your electronics. Heat is the number one killer electronic components. Besides it looks cool as hell too.