Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
IPv6 Tunneling Adapters [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : IPv6 Tunneling Adapters

Almuric
04-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Ok, so if you have Vista installed and you like to use the IPCONFIG command I'm sure you've noticed all those darn "tunneling adapters" scrolling by. It annoys me to no end. Here's how to remove them:

Unlike Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, IPv6 in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 cannot be uninstalled. However, you can disable IPv6 in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 by doing one of the following:

• In the Network Connections folder, obtain properties on all of your connections and adapters and clear the check box next to the Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) component in the list under This connection uses the following items.

This method disables IPv6 on your LAN interfaces and connections, but does not disable IPv6 on tunnel interfaces or the IPv6 loopback interface.

• Add the following registry value (DWORD type) set to 0xFF:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents

This method disables IPv6 on all your LAN interfaces, connections, and tunnel interfaces but does not disable the IPv6 loopback interface. You must restart the computer for this registry value to take effect.

Bushwacker
04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey man thats good stuff bro. When you find stuff like this could you do me a favor and post it to my board, or do you mind if I post it and just link it to here?

Almuric
04-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I'll post it. :)