Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Bush on a Mac [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Bush on a Mac

Bushwacker
02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Yup thats right I'm using a Mac right now. :tongue: Kinda fun working with this thing.
Pretty fast too. It tells me the spec's are

Machine Name: Power Mac G5 Quad
Machine Model: PowerMac11,2
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (1.1)
Number Of CPUs: 4
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.25 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT
HDD: 2 X 500 GB

So far I'm fairly impressed with the performance of this rig. :tup: I've been doing some
video editing with it using Final Cut Pro and this thing rips through video editing like a hot
knife through butter. Audio is the same as well. Hate to say it, but it beats the crap out
of my system at home. Because this is a work computer at my job I would probably get
into trouble if I installed a game on here, but I want to so bad. I may try and sneak one
on here just for a little tiny while.:twisted:

Does anyone else here run a Mac and if so what do you think are the benefits to it
other than the normal "well you never get hacked running on a Mac like a Microsoft
product". Ive heard that Apple's do a better job at multimedia than than other
computers. This one is obviously proving that point thus far. I mean my rig at home
is no slouch to say the least, but editing video and audio on this one vs mine at home
is noticeably faster. Whats the deal with that? Anyway, I may consider buying a Mac
for the purpose of multimedia production at home. I have been doing a lot of it lately.
I have new video camera for diving and this summer I'm going to be doing a lot of video
on my dives. So please give me some feedback peeps. :)

Almuric
02-20-2008, 05:04 AM
Did you change jobs Bush?

Bushwacker
02-20-2008, 01:21 PM
No I'm just helping our Multimedia guy out. None of the other pussys here would do it.