Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Crysis Review I found [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Review I found

Bushwacker
11-14-2007, 12:06 PM
I sorta found this interesting. I don't know this person so I can't say anything about his experience, but if any of this is true I think it will set a new precedence as far as hardware requirements for PC's and a game. :erm:

Customer Rating: 5 out of 5 5 5
The next best thing is here 11/13/2007
By Gamer111 Read all my reviews Read all my reviews

Pros: Awesome graphics if your comp can manage the higher settings
Cons: Steeeeep system requirements

"I submit this as a response to another reviewer. You DO NOT need DirectX 10/Vista to play this game. It will work just fine for you DirectX 9/XP people. This also means that you DO NOT need a video card with DX10 capabilities. Those with DX10/Vista will however have slightly better visuals.
The system requirements are very steep. The computer that can run this game at higher resolutions (i.e. 1920x1200 or more) with all the "eye candy" turned on simply does not exist for the consumer. My Core2Duo @ 3.6GHz and dual 8800GTXs in SLi whimpers along at less than 10 frames-per-second with everything cranked. You don't NEED an 8800-series card although those who want the most of what this game has to offer might want to start considering it.
If you have a machine that just meets the minimum requirements, just know that you will have to lower some of the visual settings to achieve a smooth framerate. Don't be lead to believe that this game isn't worth your money because you don't have a top end machine!"