Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Windows XP SP3 [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP SP3

Almuric
10-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Looks like the beta for SP3 was released to testers on October 7th. I read some interesting info about it here: http://neosmart.net/blog/2007/windows-xp-sp3-beta-build-3205-released-analysis-included/

I cant wait for this patch. I knew I didnt need to load Vista! :tongue:

Bushwacker
10-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh yes you do. Don't be afraid. :) j/k man.

Bushwacker
10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
check this out...Vista Ultimate as primary OS (http://jnltechspot.com/index.php?topic=14.0)

Almuric
10-23-2007, 07:13 AM
I feel so so sorry for your poor PC. :P

Bushwacker
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Why? Come on now tell me all about it bud. What are you thinking, and why are you thinking it?

Oh and why haven't you posted on my forum? You to good for me old friend :( I see how it is. :cry:

Almuric
10-23-2007, 01:55 PM
I've mentioned my experience with Vista on my laptop. I had to install a second GB of RAM for it to run smoothly. How ridiculous is it that I should have to install that much RAM just to run an OS. Oh, and it's not that I dont want to post there, I'm just lazy. :P I'll post in that thread after this meeting I'm about to have at work.

Bushwacker
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Eh well sounds like you have your mind made up about it and I'm not going to try and change it. Your happy with what your running and thats all that counts.

As far as not posting on my board it's all good you don't have to man. You aren't to lazy to reply here so at least I know where to go to chat with ya....lol

Almuric
10-23-2007, 08:29 PM
I really want to like Vista man. Here's another example: I went to a LAN party at a friend of mine's house. Some of the guys showing up had laptops. Two of them had IDENTICAL laptops, except one was running Vista and one was running XP. We were all playing the same game (Company of Heroes). The one with Vista loaded could barely play the game, the one with XP had no problems, played it great.

Bushwacker
11-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I really want to like Vista man. Here's another example: I went to a LAN party at a friend of mine's house. Some of the guys showing up had laptops. Two of them had IDENTICAL laptops, except one was running Vista and one was running XP. We were all playing the same game (Company of Heroes). The one with Vista loaded could barely play the game, the one with XP had no problems, played it great.

Well now you know laptops arn't known for being very good gaming rigs. Unless you really went all out on the hardware. There is no question Vista takes up more resources and I'm not arguing that point. Just because those lappys are identical doesnt mean everything either. You know as well as I that you can tweak your OS to get it to work. We used to do it all the time. People still do it. It's only a matter of time when XP isn't going to be supported anymore. So then what? It's all good bro. We will just agree to dissagree on this subject and call it good. LOL... We will be at this for ever, each having there own opinions and way's of doing things. Everybody embraces technology in there own way. I don't think there is a right way or wrong way. I think it's a personl thing. :)

Almuric
11-12-2007, 02:53 PM
well with the release of SP3 microsoft moves the support date out 5 years! :)

http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=lifecycle

5 years Mainstream Support at the supported service pack level for Consumer/Hardware/Multimedia products

By that time I'll be able to skip Vista and go with the next operating system (kinda like I skipped 2000 and went to XP).

Bushwacker
11-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Ok man what ever you say bro...:?