Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Number of teams [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Number of teams

TFK_Ishamael
10-15-2003, 12:36 AM
Until more ppl start playing on server it might be better to reduce the number of teams, so they have more than one person in each, as if there r 5 ppl on one team has a huge advantage, which might discourage new ppl from staying. . .

TFK

Almuric
10-15-2003, 06:59 AM
This has been suggested by someone else as well. We're looking into the possibility, but it require alot of changes to some scripts. There are alot of updates being done right now so I have to get those finished first.

TFK_Ishamael
10-15-2003, 12:05 PM
couldnt the mephits for the team in question be removed, and if this is done after wipe noone would be able to join those teams anyway. . . then it would be relatively easy to put the other teams back in when numbers have grown?

TFK

Almuric
10-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Well, in a day or two we will be having a Level 20 "party". As in to make sure all the high level spell scripts are tested the mod will be set to level all new players to 20 instead of 10 for a couple of days. That will give us a chance to see all the scripts running AND attract attention from some players who love gaming high level characters. After this phase is over we will have a character wipe and end beta.

Madd
10-15-2003, 03:23 PM
please please please not tomorrow...its districts XC so i wouldn't be there :P

i vote start it on friday or saturday...maybe noon(EDT) on saturday

RS99
10-16-2003, 01:31 PM
please please please...friday night :D. :razz: :grin:

WNxRune
10-16-2003, 03:27 PM
try and do all the mage characters. Bard, Druid, Cleric, Sorceror and Wizard.

well, maybe not bard cause their spells are from the sorcs...

but you MUST test DRUID!

Bounty Hunter
10-16-2003, 04:20 PM
The forums are quite when you see Rune posting in the suggestion forum. He he he. Come on guys, he is bored. No posts today for him to read.
:twisted:

Genocide
10-18-2003, 05:35 PM
We got some players today but were strictly cuz Gods was full. I'm beginning to think 4 teams is too much now. I played for 3 hrs today and was the only one on my team for the whole time I was on. Earth ended up being stacked...Dunno why people stack up on Earth or Fire. Air or Water usually has hardly any people.

Kinda pisses me off cuz I worked too hard on this mod for no one to play on it on aWEEKEND!

WNxIthron Eldin
10-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Don't worry Geno, once it gets out there and people know of it more they will come.

Bounty Hunter
10-19-2003, 09:10 AM
I too waited for this mod to come for a long time. And it is great mod. ut when you are the only player on or you play on air and 4 other players are on earth then there is no point in playing.
I really hope this get popular soon. It would be really a waste if it donĀ“t. It is a GREAT mod.
But I said this before. Maybe in the start 4 teams are too many. Maybe 2 teams and a void team. Something like on Gods. 2 big teams and Erdays. Later if we get more players then we can go back to 5 teams. I know that this means more work for you guys but for now it is not working. Last night Al had to change team and not play his paladin casue earth was overpowering.
So maybe 2 teams and void for now or maybe a way to change teams and even them when one have too many or too little.

Madd
10-19-2003, 09:41 AM
earth wasn't overpowering....there was just 5 of em w/o al :P
and fire raped them all night long

Almuric
10-19-2003, 01:08 PM
I've considered this a bit. Its actually not hard to do guys. We would just take the 2 mephits that allow joining 2 of the teams out. Its more of a design decision. As in...all the the arenas were built with 4 team combat in mind. Still thinking.

Tana Bennesen
10-22-2003, 02:05 PM
hehe, fire being too powerful? never *looks guilty* and i think removing two memphits would be a nice quick fix, though then you have weaknesses to certain elements, so make sure you don't leave like fire and water.. would really suck for water, hehe

Madd
10-22-2003, 05:05 PM
no it wouldn't tana....they both has vulnerability to each other...so that is two that you would want to leave....or you could change the resists for each for which ever elements you want

Tana Bennesen
10-23-2003, 03:26 PM
my bad, should pay more attention to my armour i guess, hehe. meh, your the only water that can kill me and we both use holy avenger, hehe